Wintering over in Texas???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perk

Hi All, We are thinking of wintering over on the Texas coast and have some questions:

First, re campgrounds:  do any of you have positive experiences to share from your own visits there - we are looking at maybe December and January, possibly February as well.  We like fairly private areas, if possible, and we also have 2 large dogs!  Can you make any suggestions for places to stay?  We are in a 38 ft. motor home...

Second, are reservations essential for any or all of the months listed above?  We have heard that Feb. can be an issue with schools/colleges on vacation - is this true?  Is it too late to make reservations???

Third, we will be traveling in a 38' motorhome and would like to know if Texas state parks will accommmodate us.

Any and all help will very much appreciated,

Perk

Hi All, We have wintered in The Rio Grande Valley 5 years then one year in Fla. back to the Valley a year then a year in AZ. enough of that. back to the valley for 3 more years, My recomdation is to stay west of Mercedes as that seems to be the breaking point of the Gulf wind. We winter at Countryside in Donna, and Donna has App 14,000 people and 42 RV parks, and so far a I know you can always find a park that will have room, and all price ranges. A lot of things to do and cheap compared to the other two places.  Neal    ([email protected]

We wintered in Texas last winter and found it to be much cooler than in AZ.  But that was OK since the grand daughters are there. ;)

Ron:  Sounds promising.  I complain all the time that AZ is too hot.  Couple nice winter days and that's it.

--pat

Pat said:
Ron:  Sounds promising.  I complain all the time that AZ is too hot.  Couple nice winter days and that's it.

--pat

We enjoyed ourselves last year but then being around the grand daughters has some affect. ;D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom