Winterizing 5th Wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

threeful

I recently moved to PA and need to winterize my 5ver.  I read the document in the library on winterizing but the place I store my trailer said the system should be pressure blown vs just putting in anti-freeze.  Of course, they offer winterizing in their maintenance center but I was wondering if blowing the system is worth the additional cost.  The temperatures where we live will go into the teens on many nights and the highs will be in the high 20's to low 30's.  In other words, it gets cold.

We can't go south this year due to other commitments so I need to winterize in the North. 

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

;)  Hi I am a newbie on this forum.  Just winterized my 5th wheel yesterday and if you have a compressor then blow out the lines but if you don't you do not need to blow your lines.  Just run RV antifreeze through the lines and make sure yo let enough out  antifreeze from all water outlets and it will be OK.  The first year I had the fifth I did not blow any air in the lines and no freezinf occurred.  It gets quite cold  in this area.  -20 to -30 celcius in winter. 

The directions on the anti-freeze said to fill the "system" to capacity.  Does that mean 40-60 gallons of anti-freeze?  (at $5 a gallon that can get pretty expensive...but as I said I am new to this and this may be a normal maintenance expense) I can't believe the whole system requires filling but it must require a fair amount so the system can pump the anti freeze to the faucets.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

My TT has a bypass hose near the pump. I just put the bypass hose in the gallon of pink liquid, and ran the faucets until it was really pink. It took 3 gallons for my 24' unit. No blowing required. Should be good to -50 F.

Back
Top Bottom