Winterizing and general preserving, 2000 Mountain high Resedency byThore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fastzorro

Hello all

Hoping some has some knowledge about this coach First and foremost my rig is now 18 years old. In great visual shape but now starting to show its age with rust spots, the start of slightly cracking electrical lines and other typical age related signs. Is there any kind of tricks or techniques to slow or stop these typical aging issues? Like spraying some kind of preservative on the electrical wiring or water lines? Also, I can't seem to find the by-pass for filling the lines with anitfreez. Does anyone have have any suggestions? Much thanks! 

There may not be an antifreeze bypass - many models or years do not have that feature.  It's not hard to add if you can gain access to the line  somewhere between the tank and the pump (and have a place to mount a valve and inlet).  Or rig yourself a portable pump that sucks from a bucket or bottle of antifreeze and pumps into the city inlet.

Insulation cracking on the wires?  That's certainly not usual at age 18, and I know of no way to prevent it.

Are the water lines Pex or Polybutylene tubing?  It is now known that Poly gets brittle over time and the only solution is to replace lines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom