Wiper Blades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dpickard

Hi all ;D
It's Dianne the Dachshund lady again..
I bought the Trico heavy duty wiper blades at Camping World for $26.99 each.
I was very dismayed to find that the local Wal-Mart Supercenter carries Michelin wiper blades for the princely sum of 8 bucks or thereabouts.
Was I robbed or is the quality that radically different?

Your were robbed :)  Many RV parts are the same as automotive parts and can be had for less money elsewhere.  Walmart and NAPA are two good places to shop for common RV parts.

Are you comparing apples with apples? I suspect the Trico wiper blades you purchased were the complete blade and what you see at WalMart is the refill (only the rubber part). The prices you quoted in your message would seem to confirm this.

Here's the comparison at CW. The refills are $16.99, although that's still a little high.

Tom is probably right on the comparison, but you will still often do better by going to NAPA or Walmart, etc. for common auto or truck parts.? CW isn't known as the low price leader :)

I work part time at Advance Auto Parts.  You were robbed.  We carry the same Trico Heavy Duty wiper blades for 16.98. the whole blade not the refills.  And yes most parts stores and even Wal-Mart can fit wiper blades for motor homes and you can save some money over Speciality Stores such as the one mentioned aforehand.

John

Thanks for all the replies:)
I am learning that I can count on you guys to give me the straight scoop!
What I got was the rubber piece and the black metal thing that holds it in place.
I am assuming what I bought was the BLADE and not just the refill. Gil is asleep, or I would ask him.
If he hadn't already put them on, I would be tempted to return them. Makes me really mad to pay that much for a wiper, but I was in the store and they were handy, and they had someone to look them up and tell me exactly which one to buy that would fit my coach.
ANOTHER lesson learned for me. :sigh:  They appeared to be much more substantial than the ones which were taken off.
I have a new issue that I forgot to mention earlier...my water pump still seems to pump nicely, but all of a sudden has become somewhat noisey. Do they need some sort of lubrication? Is this a sign it is going on the fritz? It kind of grunts and moans now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom