Wipers won't park or intermittent mode with engine running. Works fine in ACC any Idea's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bassoneman

I have a 2015 Thor Hurricane 34j.. This is driving me bonkers.. Ford replaced to wiper module last year. Didn't fix it. I had replaced the motor and the wiper switch steering column year before that. I have metered out the ground seem fine with a meter.. Any idea's . I wonder if I cut the ground wire to the wiper motor and go directly to the neg battery terminal If that would have a good effect vs bad. I don't have a schematic so I don't know if the ground is coming out of the control module.. When I mean wont park I mean they won't shut off and park. I have to turn the engine off and put it in ACC so they will shut off.. Not a lot of fun while going down the highway and it stops raining. High, Low, Washer work fine..

Last edited:

Henry J Fate

What changes from the ignition ON position to the ACC position?

The only thing I can think of is higher voltage in the ON position from the engine alternator. Probably a couple of volts. Possibly more depending on the state of charge and the battery capacity.

When you have a chance, check the voltage at the battery terminals in the morning before starting. Then take a second reading after the vehicle is warmed up and still running.

For grounding, bring a jumper from the neg battery terminal and connect it to the existing ground to see if that changes anything.

bassoneman

There is a ground connection to the chassis some what near the wiper motor however I am not sure if that is where the wiper motor ground is connected. I removed that ground wire and sanded the metal bare to have a good connection. I ran a wire from there to the neg battery no effect. I ran a wire to a screw where a ground wire comes out of the on the casing of the wiper motor still no effect although not sure if I had a great connection, I just barely got my alligator clip clipped on it.. I will check the voltage at the battery in the AM like you suggested. I tried to find the same connector online. I even thought of creating a switching system test that bypasses the the wiper control module and see if it will park. I may be able to clip on to the wiper wire connector with single wire connectors..

Attachments

• auto tex g138 plug connector.png
    auto tex g138 plug connector.png
    177.1 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordRybo
Top Bottom