Wireless Web Access Around Lake Somerville in Tx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elm_tx

??? Hey y'all, I'm heading back to Lake Somerville this weekend.

I'm trying to find web access while I'm out there. The state park does not have it, the closest Starbucks with wireless access is in College Station, the nearest Loves is in Houston (which is where I'm leaving from, lol).

I know we're out in the small town areas, but how do y'all find web access when needed? Any google search suggestions? I can generally find anything I want online, but web access in remote areas is testing me.

Eddie  :) :)

Tom

Administrator
Eddie,

A number of folks here use a satellite internet service such as Direcway (now called HughesNet). That pretty much guarantees you'll be online in the lower 48 if you have a clear view of the southern sky.

Some folks use a cell phone tethered to their PC, while others use a wireless air card (which is really a cell phone in a PCMCIA card). Cell phones and air cards don't necessarily guarantee coverage when you're in the boonies.

An increasing number of campgrounds offer on-site wireless, while others offer phone or DSL hookup. Some offer a place to plug in your modem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deannelentini @ yahoo. Co
Top Bottom