Wiring near battery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timberfox

Hi guys. I search this but can not find an answer. I have a 2011 tango 229bhrs
There is a wire coiled up near the battery that looks factory. It goes in and runs up the front wall(inside the wall). I’m not sure where is ends up. Can anyone answer this. Any info would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 499E632F-AE44-4640-B966-310613110871.jpeg
    499E632F-AE44-4640-B966-310613110871.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 34
I see you have manual stabilizer jacks. The electric type stabilizers maybe have been an option and they would have needed power directly from the battery. Go look around under each corner and see if there is a small coil of wire there. Just a thought.
Oh and welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us.

Does it have terminals on the end of the wire to attach to the battery? If so it could be factory wiring for solar panels.

I see you have manual stabilizer jacks. The electric type stabilizers maybe have been an option and they would have needed power directly from the battery. Go look around under each corner and see if there is a small coil of wire there. Just a thought.
Oh and welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us.
No wires on the corners. The wire coiled up at front in the picture goes into the front wall of the trailer and goes up. Good thought though.

Does it have terminals on the end of the wire to attach to the battery? If so it could be factory wiring for solar panels.
That makes the most sense to me as well. I’m going to pull out the top corner lights this spring to see if I can find the wire up top. It’s not connected to the battery. It’s definitely a factory wiring job as it inside the wall. The only reason I know where it runs is a had to tear apart the front wall last summer.

That makes the most sense to me as well. I’m going to pull out the top corner lights this spring to see if I can find the wire up top. It’s not connected to the battery. It’s definitely a factory wiring job as it inside the wall. The only reason I know where it runs is a had to tear apart the front wall last summer.
I was wondering how you knew that the wires ran up to the top of the trailer and not just into the wall and went somewhere.

I was wondering how you knew that the wires ran up to the top of the trailer and not just into the wall and went somewhere.
I had the inside of the wall apart and saw the wires. I followed them up with my hand as far as I could then rattled them. I know they go up near the roof but not sure how far.

If they are solar wires you should have some kind of access panel or hatch on the roof, unless the mfgr expects them to get up there through the refrigerator vent.

If they are solar wires you should have some kind of access panel or hatch on the roof, unless the mfgr expects them to get up there through the refrigerator vent.
No panels on the roof. I tried to get a hold of pacific coach works, it’s a tango, but I think they closed up shop. No email or website anymore.

the coiled up wires look like they’re far longer than they’d need to be to connect to the battery. So maybe they originally connected to your trailer plug. Do your upper front and back trailer running lights work? Also, you might check for connectivity with the circuits in your 12V fuse panel (with no power connected to your trailer, of course).

All lights work. The wires do not go to the power converter/fuse block. I confirmed this last summer.

Back up camera provision? Just confirming. There are only 2 wires, red and white?

I agree that much extra length appears intended for something going/coming from the tow vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom