wiring problem to house batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onthe road

I changed house batteries recently and did not take photo of connections before I took old ones out. Now on reconnecting I have a Hi amp Buss 150 amp Part # 184150F with black and red cables. The red cables were not removed so ok there. Black cable circled in photo I can't figure out which battery set it connects to or positive or negative post. Help!scan pic of wires.jpg John

There are 2 12v chassis and 4 6v house batteries John

What are the red wires shown connected to?
Sorry I misled you.There is only one red wire for this unit and I'm not sure where it is connected but it goes under the bus somewhere. I will try and trace it. In the photo it is only the red wire top right and the circled black wire that are for this hi amp unit.

That "Hi-Amp" device is just a circuit breaker and they are normally placed on the hot (positive pole) side of a DC circuit. Odds are high it would go to the house battery bank positive side, but without knowing where the other side of that breaker goes to we cannot be sure. I can't think of any risk if you just try one battery bank or the other.

Would anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for the Duvac alternator in a 2001 Dutch Star Thanks

For alternator wiring Chilton's or whatever is the equivalent has those.
The only difference between your Big ..... pickup and your RV in the alternator area is the isolator that charges the house batteries (And optionally the chassis off shore power) and it's very post alternator.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottlp123
Back
Top Bottom