Wood Router Part

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

Hi, i purchased my first woodworking router. It comes with 3 bases, fixed, offset, and plunge. The manual does not cover assembly but after some time i figured out where most of the pieces go (but not sure of their use yet). However i also discovered that this is not a NEW product, it appears to be a refurbished product because there are some wear marks hear and there. There is also a part that for the life of me i cannot figure out what it is or even if it goes with this at all. I am starting to think that whoever returned this product popped this in the bag by mistake and the factory just left it in the box. It does not fit anywhere and even with some imagination it does not make sense.

Just FYI this is what i purchased. VEVOR 1.25 HP Compact Router Kit Max Torque 30,000 RPM Variable Speed With Fixed Base, Plunge Base and Offset Base for Woodworking & Furniture Manufacturing - Walmart.com

Does anyone recognize this part.

Attachments

• 1128210723 (Small).jpg
    1128210723 (Small).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 1128210723a (Small).jpg
    1128210723a (Small).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 1128210724 (Small).jpg
    1128210724 (Small).jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 17
I used to do a lot of strange woodwork. I still have three routers. None have a part that looks like that. When (if) you find out, please come back here and tell us.
Matt

I've never seen that part either, as long as you are happy with the product, enjoy your woodwork.

Does that fit into the bottom of the offset base? It looks like the center screw could go into the silver cylinder on the base.

Does that fit into the bottom of the offset base? It looks like the center screw could go into the silver cylinder on the base.
it almost fits but not quite its just a tiny fraction too big for the sole plate hole, ill play with it again tomorrow to see if that chamber is threaded inside.

Back
Top Bottom