Worn rear bushings - 50 hours labor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully the OP will chime in with some answers, after he gets a "second opinion" about his motorhome.

In the pdf Chris provided a link to, bullet #2 is "adjustable axle alignment". Yours likely uses eccentric bushings. Most rear suspensions have an adjustment of some type.
I submit the axle being out of alignment caused premature bushing wear.

My last coach a 2003 Bounder had a Freightliner XC Chassis and I had Freightliner, Premier Truck Group of Fort Worth do an all wheel alignment for a little over $300.00. They had to cut the rear axel off and re position it. It was over 3/4" off location. I think it would be worth the OP talking to them and maybe a road trip.
Bill

In the pdf Chris provided a link to, bullet #2 is "adjustable axle alignment". Yours likely uses eccentric bushings. Most rear suspensions have an adjustment of some type.
I submit the axle being out of alignment caused premature bushing wear.
On this ADL-120 rear suspension the "adjustable axle alignment" is provided by 'alignment blocks' which are just some special washers which are welded into place over an elongated hole in the 'equalizing beams' on the sides of the suspension, thus allowing some forward/aft adjustment on one (or potentially both) sides. To re-adjust you need to grind off the old ones and weld new ones on.

Back
Top Bottom