Worth buying a camper in the state's rather then Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Micheline

I'm waiting on a quote from a dealer just south of the border. But I'm wondering if any fellow Canadians have had success with getting better deals in the US despite the Canadian dollar being less than ideal? If so, did you buy through something like Craiglist or a dealer?
Thanks!

It depends on the deal and where you buy it , in a no tax state like washington you can save money even with the exchange.  and bringing it over the border is a breeze you just pay Gst if you bring it into Alberta, but Prov tax in other Provinces plus GST. on bigger more expensive units $100k plus you can save quite a bit, the exchange right now is a bit of a crutch, no broker is needed, if its a unit without a motor, boats, cars and motorhomes are very different than just a TT or 5er

Do your homework

When you say camper, you dont specify what it is you are buying. I know for motorhomes, not all motorhomes are CSA approved for entry into Canada. Certain models are, others need to be inspected and anything not to standard will have to be fixed. One thing, for example, is day time running lights. Not all models have them, but are required in Canada. There are lists of rvs which are CSA approved. Which kind of "camper" are you buying. My guess is it would a lot of hassle to save maybe a few bucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom