Would you buy a Workhorse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No reason to start a new thread if one is asking (or inquiring) the same question or one has info pertaining to the question given.
Actually, there is. First, it keeps potential responders from having to read through non-pertinent information to get to the poster. Next, it minimizes confusion about who is asking and who is answering what. Third, it keeps people from asking a question of someone who was last seen 4 years ago and actually expecting an answer from that person.

Sure, there are pros and cons both ways, depending on the specifics, but it certainly is not "No Reason."

Actually, there is. First, it keeps potential responders from having to read through non-pertinent information to get to the poster. Next, it minimizes confusion about who is asking and who is answering what. Third, it keeps people from asking a question of someone who was last seen 4 years ago and actually expecting an answer from that person.

Sure, there are pros and cons both ways, depending on the specifics, but it certainly is not "No Reason."
Have to agree to disagree.

1. None of the info to the question is non pertinent.

2. Who's asking or answering isn't relevant to the question.

3. The question doesn't need an answer form the OP.

I have to also disagree, parts availability and number of shops that will work on these workhorse coaches has changed considerably since this thread was started over a decade ago.

I'm on the side of "start a new thread". I've brought this up before. Tom said the forum owners do not want to spend the money on a software upgrade to get the "hey this is a thread more than 180 days old, are you sure you want to post?" I understand that, but it sure can be frustrating to encounter these old resurrected threads.

My feeling is, if you encountered this thread, probably during a Google search, and feel you have a similar or related question (and you are not the OP), start a new thread and start it with "I found THIS OLD THREAD today and I need to know......."

Me. I'll follow the link, take one look at it and go "nah, nothing here" and move on. As it was, I was three or four post into it when I told myself something didn't seem right, and finally looked at the dates, now I'm thinking.......................

holy-thread-resurrection-batman.jpg

Charles

I've seen a few where the newbie asked a question and got a snarky "Use the search feature"... I for one appreciate old post being resurrected... It gives me a chance to see info that I might of missed before, or before my time on the forum... A gentle response, like Jackie's above, informing that it is an old post, is greatly appreciated though...
Butch

I'd err on the side of starting new threads rather than tacking on to an existing one. Only rarely is new addition going to be the "same problem". If it was, there wouldn't be any need to post at all - just read the existing one and use its advice, right? And mixed-together responses really are confusing for everybody. So if your "same problem" is the furnace doesn't work or you lost shore power, start a new thread and describe your specific symptoms in as much detail as possible, including the year/make/model of your RV and the brand/model of the components in use. That way you stand a much better chance of getting a useful answer in a fairly short time.

However, it's simple enough for the staff to split off an add-on question and make a new thread, so it's not a big deal.

Gary in general I agree the only exception is if it is a continuation of the same topic, for example doing a specific retrofit mod, such as adding a greese zerk to a workhorse brake rod bell crank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DUSM0518
Back
Top Bottom