Would you buy this macerator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

I want to connect a macerator on our coach so we'll be able to dump into our 1,000 gal. home septic tank about 150' away from where we park it. Across that total length it's a gradual downhill slope.

Came up with this SewerFlo RV Macerator model and would like any opinions as to whether this particular model would do the job, or perhaps an alternate recommendation based on your experience?

I have used that same macerator.

It works well. I pumped to a cleanout at the back of the garage thru a 100 foot hose.

Be careful what goes down into your tank.

Most any RV-style macerator should work with a level or downhill run. You just need a decent size hose (1" or more) and a good 12v source & wiring (the pump draws a lot of amp and may run 15-20 minutes). I used 1-1/4" PVC at my house (about 50 ft & level).

Some of the more expensive macerator pumps have larger motors and more robust components. That could be a factor if you pump often, but probably not if only used once in awhile.

Most any RV-style macerator should work with a level or downhill run. You just need a decent size hose (1" or more) and a good 12v source & wiring (the pump draws a lot of amp and may run 15-20 minutes). I used 1-1/4" PVC at my house (about 50 ft & level).

Some of the more expensive macerator pumps have larger motors and more robust components. That could be a factor if you pump often, but probably not if only used once in awhile.
Appreciate the input Gary. As we probably wouldn't use it more than a few times a year, now debating whether to go with something above ground (hose & reel e.g.) or go to the effort to install PVC in a trench under ground.

Following hurricane mickey, I used the Amarine pump for almost 8 months.(we lived in the MH until the house was restored) Pumped out every Friday using a 100 ft garden hose with a 3 foot rise to the septic tank. Worked like a champ.

That is the 3rd make I have seen.. the other two are almost identical to it, the major difference is the name on the label (The othe two use the dame motor)

I have one I'm no longer in need of, Have used it several times.. Very happy with it

Suggest a 5" clear extension between RV and Macerator

ONE Fault they all seem to have is what I (And a few others in a different field) call "Sticktion" When it has been used, once, then the next time the rotor (impeller blades) tend to stick... Well the maker knows this so the motor shaft extends out the bottom of the motor. Take any flat tool (Quarter works well( and give it a twist in the obvious direction (Clockwise)
On that model I suspect said shaft is under a screw off cover on the bottom of the motor.

the front seal on the motor shaft will wear rapidly if you keep the pump going when your tank is empty.
although it is easy to replace, don't run the thing "dry" too often..

Overnight temperatures are starting to get below freezing most every night and the days are getting in the low 40's. I took our Pleasure Way Ontour 2.2 to a dump station 15 minutes from our home but it was closed for deer hunting. Plan 'B'. We got out our new macerater (Flowjet, 12 amps) and used it for the first time. It really worked like a charm. Emptied and rinsed the black water tank (~6 gal.) and then flushed the grey water tank(~8 gal.). Both tanks were about half full and we got the job done in less than 15 minutes. Five trips from the Ontour to our side door half bath toilet and the job was done. And NO WE DID NOT RUN A HOSE INTO THE HOUSE! I had visions when we started it of the Key Stone Cops and a fire hose spinning and dancing in the air shooting stuff all over. When we use it a few more times and get comfortable with then will consider running a hose into the half bath toilet. We got the macerater mainly for state and national forest camping but it now is see it works equally well at home when needed. Also tried out a black tank spary wand but didn't stick my hand in the tank to feel if it got clean. :)

Attachments

• black tank.jpg
    black tank.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 3
If you did not get a ground adapter (I did not) you can take a flower pot and some concrete patch (or concrete) and a 3/4" PVC pipe elbow and the proper hose connection... Drill a hole in the bottom of the flower pot (Get the correct size pot) just big enough for the pipe and "Goop" it in (Goop is a adheasive sealant) half an hour later fill the pot with concrete or plaster or some other heavy stuff .
Let it harden... Drop that into the sewer line at a park (many parks use this same size concrete filled flower pot to "Cap" the sewere inlet (where I got the idea) and it won't do the cartoon thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom