Would you consider this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigDad

BigDad again. 

You folks sure have a great forum chocked full of valuable information.  It is really appreciated.

I am not going to stike a purchase just yet but I came acrossed what looks to me to be a pretty good price based on my limited knowledge of the RV industry.  check this out:

CYPRESS BY NEWMAR CORP CYPRESS MODEL 32CKRE

THIS 2006 UNIT HAS A BED ROOM SLIDE, SPLIT BATH, SOFA AND DINETTE SLIDE AND REAR LIVING ROOM. THIS UNIT IS EQUIPPED WITH 15BTU A/C, CONVENIENCE PACKAGE, GROUND MOUNT SAT DISH PREP., ROOF MOUNT SATELLITE DISH PREP. COUNTER TOP EXTENSION, 2 ROCKER/GLIDE RECLINERS, TV MOUNTED ON SWIVEL/SLIDE, TWO FIXED DINETTE CHAIRS, BATTERY DISCONNECT SWITCH, FLUORESCENT CEILING LIGHTS, GELCOAT FIBERGLASS SIDEWALLS, REAR LADDER, SECOND SINK COVER, MOR/RYDE RUBBER PIN BOX, POLISHED ALUM WHEELS 4, R19 INSUL ROOF, FLOOR AND ENDS, CREATE /BREEZE VENT W LIFT KIT.

This unit is on clearance for $39,000.  Can this price be had by a shwerd individual just about anywhere or is the juice worth the squeeze?

Thanks again.  I'll go back to searching and checking out the LIBRARY!

Hey on a side note I am going to a big RV show in Hershey PA in September.  Any tips on what to do there to get my $ worth on admission?

Dunno about the deal but as far as...

Hey on a side note I am going to a big RV show in Hershey PA in September.? Any tips on what to do there to get my $ worth on admission?

... is concerned the answer is easy, see every RV in the class you are looking for, schmooze with salesmen over features and prices, and take good notes until you are completely sick of the routine.? ?By then you may even be able to answer your own question on the deal.

Newmar says the Cypress MSRP starts at 42,300, which would be for the 31RKCL. The 32CKRE is a bit bigger and surely a few dollars more.  I would guess you could get 10% off that just for asking and 20-25% off with some shrewd bargaining.  $39,000 sounds like the 10-15% off ballpark, though I don't know the MSRP of that particular unit in the ad.

In general, you can do better than ANY price the dealer advertises, even "show specials" and clearance prices. Don't be afraid to ask for further discounts.  And this 2006 is about to become one year old - the 2007 models are beginning to appear at dealers already and any 2006 will depreciate as soon as it is sold.

I've never seen a site that gives the exact 'mark-up' for RV's.

But...,

When we ordered our '98 Class C (Itasca) we got it right at 20% off MSRP.

When we purchased our new '01 Class A (Monaco) we got about 25% off MSRP.

We just purchased our new Hitchhiker for $73,000 and it's MSRP was a little over $100,000.

Hope this gives you some idea.  And, hey?  Let's all put our experiences together and see just what kind of mark-up this industry does have.  :)

A 25% discount is generally achievable for the higher priced rigs, while lower priced units seem level off around 20-21%. I think the mark-up percentage is about the same, but the dealer's fixed costs are a smaller proportion  of the higher priced rigs selling price, so the potential discount is higher.  Low volume dealers generally cannot (or will not) discount as deeply as a hih volume dealer. Again, fixed costs are likely the root cause.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom