WSJ - RV Capital of America tops Housing Index

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou Schneider

Site Team
Elkhart, IN, the RV Capitol of the World, tops the Wall Street Journal/Realtor.com third quarter Emerging Housing Market Index for the third quarter thanks to the boom in RV production.

WSJ News Exclusive | RV Capital of America Tops WSJ/Realtor.com Housing Index in Third Quarter

It includes a good video from 2018 about the RV industry's bust to boom comeback (I can't find a way to link to it separately). I don't know which manufacturer they filmed, but it shows high end motorhomes being built with more care than on the typical RV assembly lines.

They interviewed a Thor Exec so I assume they taped there as well. Looked like the Thor facility I toured several years ago.

Did I hear $80,000 a year with a high school education? Wonder if they have a maximum age for employees. :D

I don't know which manufacturer they filmed, but it shows high end motorhomes being built with more care than on the typical RV assembly lines.

I've only seen one manufacturing plant. The Winnebago facility 5 years ago. Didn't strike me like a lot of care was involved. Hopefully that has changed. Recently talked to the owner of a 2020 42' Journey motorhome. It looked about as big and high end as they come. I asked how he liked it. Based on his facial expression and his response he wasn't happy with the Journey. He didn't elaborate but said it didn't compare to his previous motorhome a Country Coach Intrigue he bought new 18 years ago.

I guess time will tell but, the old business nemeses, competition will likely take its toll on any attempt to improve quality until the buying public puts quality before price.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom