Wyze Monitored Alarm System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

I'm fed up with ADT. They're charging me $900 a year ($75 a month) to monitor my home alarm system. I have not been pleased overall by ADT app and how I am locked out of making any changes to the way it's set up. For instance, I'm not even supposed to change my own batteries. I do it anyway

I've had Wyze cams for several years and have been more or less happy with how they work. I recently added their newest cam to my driveway and am totally impressed with the images it delivers, even in darkness.

They also offer all kinds of security sensors at very reasonable prices and live monitoring starting at $10 a month. Plus I can add sensors, name them whatever I want, link the system to my lights or whatever else I want.

So here's the question, Anybody on here using Wyze for home security? If so please share your experience.

I have been using Wyze for years. I have four cameras (cost = $100) and I have two unpaid monitors. My sister Sue and friend Linda. I would not pay for a monitoring service, that is wasted money in my book. I have two unpaid monitors since my biggest fear is dying inside my house and no one discovering my body for weeks or months. They both check my cameras frequently and make sure I am still alive.

A long time ago we got a bid from ADT and it was ridiculous. So we went with a private local company for monitoring and hardware and the experience was very good.

We put up a few outdoor wireless cameras from a popular doorbell company while we were on travels this year. I'm not sure it was worth it other than it provided peace of mind that no trees had struck the house during a windstorm.

The home I bought recently already had Ring doorbell camera in front and another Ring camera in the rear patio & entrance, so I didn't install the brand x cameras I brought from the previous house. The Ring video and alerts work fine and alerts go our phones (mine & my live-in daughter's), so I don't pay for live monitoring. Whether you need some sort of monitoring depends on your situation, so a rather personal choice thing.

We're planning on taking some extended trips soon and having a monitored system gives us a little peace of mind.

The other thing is that when we're heading home I always worry about finding cars parked in front of the house. It's happened a couple of times and it makes unloading quite difficult.

Wow. I pay $51 for a monitored ADT system in my 3000 Sq/ft home. I also get a percentage off my home owners insurance if I have a monitored home security system. Don't know why others are paying so much.
I'm in Plano, TX. a relatively safe suburb of Dallas so maybe that's it.

We picked up a Blink system at Costco. This is completely wireless (even the cameras run on batteries), and the cams talk to a sync module, on which (with thumb drive) I can store lots of video. It came with 30 days of free video service from their servers, but since I didn't get their paid monitoring service I have to look at the "clips" function, which downloads the video to me via a USB link, then through WiFi to my phone on their app.

So 4 outdoor cameras (one being a doorbell, too), one indoor camera (it's in my garage) and the sync module for $239 (a Costco special last Aug) and no additional fees. AND I can access it from anywhere over the web, including two way (with a tad of delay) communication through each camera individually.

Being on batteries, recording is motion activated (you can arm or disarm this from the app) for adjustable length clips (I use 10 seconds for most, longer for the doorbell). The recording has triggered from rabbits and squirrels, as well as coyotes and foxes, besides vehicles and people. It's HiDef (quality adjustable) and uses infrared for night vision.

I like it.

I've lived with the new system for a few weeks so far and I'm still happy I made the switch. Everything works fine and the system has features that ADT doesn't. ADT tried to get me to keep them by dropping their price down to under $25. (But only for a year). I told them that if they had not raised their price to $75 in the first place they would still have my business. I think our original price was $30.

Wyze monitoring is done by Noonlight and costs a whopping $99 a year. ($8.25 a month).

During my testing I found out that the Base Station (for all the door & window sensors) has a built in battery backup. A nice thing to have. All 4 of my networks have battery backup that will keep them up for several hours.

I've had Wyze cams for several years and have been more or less happy with how they work. I recently added their newest cam to my driveway and am totally impressed with the images it delivers, even in darkness.

I have a WYZE cam on one of my 3-D printers.> Camera works well but the Android app that is on my larger tablet is a carash-o-matic. (likely a bit anemic on the tablet)

When Wyze was just starting out their iOS app was pretty bad too. Open a support case with them. Be a squeaky wheel!

Back
Top Bottom