XP Clear Type

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueblood

I don't see any thing in archives on this and it works so good I wanted to pass it on. XP contains a way to make the type become so clear its like getting a new set of eyes; at least for me. On the Desktop go to blank area and right click. Choose Properties and then click on Appearances Tab -then the Effects button. Under "Use the following Method ...."  select Clear Type and click out via ok, and Apply. Try it -let me know what you think.

Leo

In the MS Help and Support, it says that Clear Type may be blurry on desktop monitors but works well on laptops and flat screen monitors. I found it to be blurry on my desktop monitor. Interesting, my laptop default was clear type.

Clear type is intended for use on LCD monitors.? A common mistake people make with LCD displays is to run them at other than their native resolution.? This is typically 96 ppi (Pixels Per inch).? Any other resolution will blur the image.

Among the XP PowerToys is a ClearType tuner that lets you fine tune the ClearType settings for best display.

BernieD said:
Leo

In the MS Help and Support, it says that Clear Type may be blurry on desktop monitors but works well on laptops and flat screen monitors. I found it to be blurry on my desktop monitor. Interesting, my laptop default was clear type.

Smart Computing magazine says that despite MS comments  that ClearType is only for flat-screen monitors  "Clear type improves Windows apprearance on any monitor."?

My experince is that it made a major improvement on my flat screen CRT desktop monitor and on my Dell laptop. My new GW laptop had clear type default same as yours. My desktop is at 96.

blueblood said:
Clear type improves Windows apprearance on any monitor.

Type seems easier to read with ClearType enabled on my desktop monitor (19" at 1600x1200).

Back
Top Bottom