YAAAAHHOOO Mama's coming home!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utclmjmpr

For 8 months mama had stomach pain, what appeared to be bloating,, and later constipation.. Doctor began prescribing for constipation,, no joy,, on the third day I said we are off to ER! Mama called her doctor and he immediately admitted her to Cedar City Regional Hospital ( May 4th ) for a CT scan,, results,,blocked intestine,,went to surgery in one hour and found colon full of Cancer .. Removed 3/4 of colon and took biopsies of surrounding area ( I received a call at 8PM with the question,,
You have two choices,, button her up and let God have her,,,,,, or we remove the colon and buy some time! ( Some decision!!) Let's go for time..
5 days in hospital care and came home,,,three days later more bloating, ( looked pregnant.) Went to the surgeons office for an examination,, He squeezed the incision and was squirted with FECES,,,using that method he removed more than a pint of her own feces and said " take her across the street to ER and I will meet you there... Opened her back up and found 6 inches of her small intestine had died and was deteriorating and leaking into her abdomen, filling it with POOP!
Cleaned the area,, took more biopsies of lymph nodes and liver .. Two days laying in hospital,, second night STROKE!! can't talk and seeing double,, heart pumping like a runaway outboard motor....Off to St. George Regional Hospital by ambulance (45 miles ) to a Neurosurgeon ( none in Cedar City.)
Two MRIs back to back shows right side brain clot,,, decision,, no surgery recommended will treat with chemicals.. ( By now I'm ready for a hospital myself,, what next??) Following day (19th May ) I arrive at St. George Hospital at 7AM to a woman who is talking as a 19 year old teen over the back fence,, alert,, responsive,,
no pain,, and wanting to go home.... Today AM,,, received a call from mama saying will be released in the morning to return,,,,,HOME,, not to another hospital!. I will be hauling freight south to St. George in the AM to bring my bride of 60 years HOME.!!..>>>Dan.. Pathology shows no spread to the lymph nodes and some surface on the liver,, will use targeted Chemo in future.(Post script) When mama was 30, she had a "complete hysterectomy" so we thought,,, all these years ( 49 )and we find they only took ONE Ovary and one fallopian tube on one side,, the remainder was also full of cancer and removed..>>>

Last edited:
Hi Dan, so sorry to hear of your good ladies medical problems, we hadn't heard previously.
Give her our love and best wishes to you both. X
Tony and Anne.

I am so pleased you finally know what was wrong and taking action! May God hold her in his hands and let her know she is loved. I can’t believe they didn’t do a colonoscopy after how ill she was feeling in January when we saw you. I am sending you a PM.

Although I don't know you or your wife, I wish you both the best. That's so scary when things become uncertain like that. I'm so glad she gets to go home with you!!

THat sounds nasty but it sounds like they got it..... And that's a good thing.
I have a few cancer survivors on my friends list... Including one who, as far as she knows. is the ONLY survivor of her particular cancer.

Dan, thank you for the update. We have been thinking about Marge since Quartzsite rally. Hope she tolerates the chemo and it does its job. I can feel your relieve at having a cause and action plan even with the treatment uncertainty.

Jennifer

It’s good that she’s back in the pink, but it sure sounds like you’ve had some rather incompetent medical care here.

Dan, thanks for the update- glad she's much better, and I know how great you feel to be getting her back home. I'm very happy for you both.

Oh Dan how stressful and terrifying.

Hopefully her treatment will work wonders.

Sending you both our best and hugs.

Pam S.,,Thank you for your thoughtfulness,, Marge talked about how well all the ladies "bonded" during the crafting session in your M/H.. Its a scary thing to view your wife when its difficult to pick her out from the surrounding sheets,,and with wires and hoses attached and inserted in the body..
Yesterday we took a drive in the country to view the blue sky and puffy clouds for the first time since exiting the "cages" she was in for 12 days.. Her color is back and she no longer has the serious infection and inflammation in her abdomen,, the stroke left her with NO lingering affects and the brain clot is shrinking rapidly with no movement.. The incision has healed so rapidly that they are slowing it down so it will heal from the inside out,, 1/8th depth remaining and all dozen staples are removed,, she still has two drain tubes inserted but will be removed in about 1 week,,she is walking under her own power and good balance.. She will be contacting you.....>>>Dan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom