Yamaha EF2400iS generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mpoetzsc

Does anyone have a Yamaha EF2400iS generator, and does it power your A/C (13500BTU) roof air?  I am considering purchasing one to power my roof air on my 2006 TT.  thanks

I own a Yamaha 2400is and am thrilled with it.? It happily runs a 13.5K Coleman Mach III Power Saver with room to spare.? Each A/C brand varies greatly in power consumption!? The 2400is is very quiet, a fuel miser, and not too heavy to heft around.? It's perfect for a small trailer.? Good luck!

The Yamaha is a nice looking unit with good specs. With a continuous 20A output, it should be able to easily run most any 13.5 kbtu a/c unit, as long as there aren't other loads.  About the only  concern would be the compressor start up cycle on an older a/c that was laboring to start.  That could exceed the Yamaha's peak load of 400 watts.  Or most any other 20A breaker.

A Mach Power Saver a/c like Alisstairs has a nice low power draw (around 9 amps continuous) and the 2400is can easily run that and some additional  light loads as well.

Back
Top Bottom