Yellowstone and Grand Teton area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Or-pingman

I am planning a trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton this summer and have searched similar topics on the forum.  I have a more specific question for anyone who has been there.

1.  Colter Bay campground vs Colter Bay RV park.  Are these two areas next to each other?  I am traveling with a friend who made reservations at the RV park, however, I don't want to pay the $49 for the hookups if they are close to each other and I can stay in the campground for less.

2.  Has anyone done any ATVing in the Jackson Hole area?

3.  Info on the better campgrounds in Yellowstone to stay and see the sights for about 3 days.

Or-pingman said:
I am planning a trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton this summer and have searched similar topics on the forum.  I have a more specific question for anyone who has been there.

1.  Colter Bay campground vs Colter Bay RV park.  Are these two areas next to each other?  I am traveling with a friend who made reservations at the RV park, however, I don't want to pay the $49 for the hookups if they are close to each other and I can stay in the campground for less.

2.  Has anyone done any ATVing in the Jackson Hole area?

3.  Info on the better campgrounds in Yellowstone to stay and see the sights for about 3 days.

The Colter Bay Campground is next door to the Colter Bay RV Park.  Both are at Colter Bay Village and a short walk to the Visitor Center.  One has hookups and the other is a National Park Campground.

If you like to dry camp, I would spend 1 or 2 nights at Colter Bay and 1 or 2 nights at Canyon Village Campground inside of Yellowstone.

Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone is nice.

PhilB

Recommend you make reservations for anything in that area at least three months or more in advance.  Its hard to find anything on spur of the moment anywhere around yellowstone park, inside or outside.  There are a ton of RV sites and Campgrounds all around that area and most can be found on the net.

Back
Top Bottom