Yet Another New Guy From Minnesota

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGarrick

Greetings.

My wife and I are considering hauling ourselves and our four kids (6, 9, 9, and 12, all boys) out west in some sort of motorhome rental this summer, and I thought this looked like a pretty good place to start educating myself.

My wife's family owned some kind of RV when she was a kid. My experience is pretty much limited to seeing them in the lots of one of the RV dealers near my home in Anoka as I drive by on the highway.

Most everyone I know with whom I've discussed this plan thinks I"m insane, but of course I already knew that.? ;)

Seeya 'round.

Welcome to our forum. Let us know if we can answer any questions.

Thanks Tom - I've been lurking for a while and no doubt the questions will begin to spew forth rapidly as the time for the trip grows closer.

My wife and I are considering hauling ourselves and our four kids (6, 9, 9, and 12, all boys) out west in some sort of motorhome rental this summer, and I thought this looked like a pretty good place to start educating myself.

Aspirin.? Lots of aspirin.? ?

It is possible for kids to live on beanie-weenie alone.? Mac and cheese in a box is another staple.? ?Contrary to rumor it is not possible for parents to live on aspirin and whiskey alone -- take pretzels.

Avoid restaurants like poison.? ?One bored RV kid can disassemble one in a half-hour.? The mind quails at the thought of four -- especially four boys.? ?Chucky Cheeses are an exception.? ?However, a half hour in a CC can disassemble an adult.? Weigh your options.?

Tie all four in their seats inside the motorhome while backing into or coming out of campsites.? Also while neighbors are backing in or out of their campsites.

Feed the mob outside the trailer in any kind of weather up to a Beaufort Scale 8 storm.? ?The cleaning problem is greatly simplified thereby.? Ants and vultures take care of most of it.? Wind does the rest.

Disable the TV.? ? This will force the kids to leave the motorhome and encounter reality.? ?However, there are advantages to the contrary position.? ?Weigh your options and have more pretzels.

Take a pop tent or two of sufficient size to accommodate the herd.? ?If the RV campground permits tents on site, they will give the parents a night of relative peace.? ?However do ask the CG about this.? Many have wised up to the consequences and have outlawed them.

CGs with water parks are great.? ?The kids get amused, tired out, and washed all at the same time.? ?A tote? bag for each kid to hold towels, soap and shampoos are very useful with CG showers and swimming pools.  It also gives a kid something convenient to forget.

Overall your kids will have a great time and remember this for the rest of their lives.? ?You?? Have some more pretzels.  ;D

LOL Carl, that looks like something we should put in the library.

It's now in the library under Newcomers need to know as RVing with kids.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please ask any questions you have and we will try to answer them.  I think a trip in a RV will be something the kids will really enjoy.  Glad you found us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom