Your opinion on Banks system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themetalman

i have read several post on the banks power system,some people think it is worth the money and some don't.i just want to see if other men think the same, i have a stock 454 chevy engine with the stock exhaust manifold, but with duel pipe 2 inch all the way back.now the banks power system come with header but they go two into one exhaust. now wouldn't that be defeating the purpose of the headers, if your still going to be restricted behind the mufflers......

I installed a Banks on a Ford 460 that was worth every penny. The muffler is more than big enough to eliminate  back pressure to provide more pull. Also the headers eliminated the warping, broken header bolts, and exhaust leaks.

Smoky said:
I think if Banks was worth the money, then the engine manufacturers would have already added and modified what Banks does.

Smoky:

That is exactly what Ford did to the V10 in 2000-2001, they increased the HP from 310HP to 325HP and torque accordingly which almost exactly matched the Banks improvement for the early V10.

The problem for most engine builders is cost for incremental performance increases. They compete to provide motorhome manufacturers the best priced packages in their market. When Workhorse outperformed the V10 Ford had to respond. What Banks did is not rocket science but it does cost probably 35-40% of what Fleetwood pays Ford for an entire engine and Fleetwood was not going to pay Banks that kind of change.

We've got the BAnks Pak on the Ford 460 and love it.  Couuldn't run this unit without it, and wouldn't.  for me it's a must wheather or not it's benificial for you, I can't say.  Don't have any experience with GM Motors.  But it certainly works for us.

Back
Top Bottom