Your preferred water pressure?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joezeppy

Using a water pressure regulator since the park we're in this week has 110 PSI. The 45 PSI factory setting was anemic so I upped it to 60 which seems good. I don't need/want to go higher but it got me thinking. I've heard newer RVs are tested to 100. What do y'all use?

I've got an Oxygenics shower head, so I usually set my regulator around 50psi. My 21 year old coach has been completely re-plumbed with PEX, so I feel comfortable with the higher pressure.

The lower the pressure the better.

I set the pressure regulator so that the shower is adequate but not excessive.

I do not use a gauge with my watts adjustable regulator so I cannot say exactly where the pressure is but I can safely say it is less than 50psi

I have that brass thingamajige on the hose, seems good for me, the wife sometimes will turn on the pump when doing dishes.

My Rig was tagged 45psi MAX so I set mine aty 50
NOTE there are deveral water pressure regiulator
Two are cylinders, about 3/4" (Size of a hose fitting) wioth the male hose fitting normally cut right into the housing.. "High Flow" hasd a colored plastic grip on the female end... Both JUNK they do limit pressure but they do not have the abiltiy to pass even 1 GPM at pressure.

Valterra Adjustable I've never tried.. heard good thigns
Sur-Flo in-line This is identical to the one installed at the factory on many RV's they just take the benzel off and screw a hose (Male) fitting on the outlet I give it a 9 out of a possible 10

I've used both Watts and Zurin "Whole house' types. in my case they were both 3/4" with garden hose adapters screwed in.

Set the pressure woth no flow... 50 PSI
Turned on the shower, maximum flow.. 50 PSI
In this test the park was running over 100 PSI

55-60

If I remember correctly, RVIA standards requires a pressure test at 90 psi, but at least one major manufacturer tests at 100. I think the 90 psi test has been in place a long time now, at least 15 years and maybe as much as 20.

We have ours set around 30psi. Everything is flow-restricted anyhow and we're often not on a sewer hookup at the places we like to go, but do have water/power. The lower pressure has never been a problem for us and is gentler on older plumbing.

60 psi is my setting - but I rarely see pressure that high at the campgrounds I visit. And some in the mornings have pressure in the 30 psi range when everyone is getting ready for the day.

Having a built-in regulator makes hooking up easy, it's set at 45PSI according to Winnebago specs in 1999. I also use an external adjustable regulator set at 60PSI downstream of the whole house water filter to protect my hose and MH JIC something goes haywire with the CG pressure.
We stayed at one CG that had a larger warning sign on the office door that said "WARNING" CG water pressure is 110 PSI and at times can go higher. It was, next morning my neighbors hose was ruptured and washing my MH.

My preferred water pressure is what the pump will put out. I do not hook up to city water, I only use it to fill the tank. Lowers concerns about leaks and system failures.

Charles

We go with 60 psi and during our full time travels there's enough sites requiring a regulator. Site we're currently at in Macedon, NY is requiring pressure regulator

What a beautiful cat. Looks just like my Tarzan whom I had to have put to sleep last year.
That’s our family cat ‘Reggie’. Was a feral kitten from our next door neighbor years ago, the mother actually gave birth under our deck. Once weaned, this kitten wouldn’t leave us alone, no matter what we did, he found his way back, so we took him in. Been with us about 11 years now. Travels most of the time with us in the RV. He had a couple urinary tract infections after being neutered, but is fine now.
Sorry for your loss of Tarzan. Not sure how I will handle when the day comes for our Reggie, he knows my wake times in the morning, and always there to greet me, if I set my alarm later, he will be in my face no less than 15 from my normal time(lol).

Last edited:
60 PSI. But I do not trust the gauge on my Watts. I'm on my 6 or seventh one. The last one was oil filled. I looked at it one day and the oil was all gone. Glad we don't drink that water.

60 PSI. But I do not trust the gauge on my Watts. I'm on my 6 or seventh one. The last one was oil filled. I looked at it one day and the oil was all gone. Glad we don't drink that water.
Glycerin or a glycerin/water mix is commonly used as a damper in water and air pressure gauges. Glycerin is rated as "GRAS" (Generally Regarded As Safe) by the FDA and is used in many food products and additives. The small amount used in a gauge diluted in average waterflow would be unnoticeable and harmless.

I have our pressure regulator set at 60 PSI which works for us, but we routinely operate via the pump and use the city water to fill the tank as needed. Only exception is when doing the wash.

Back
Top Bottom