Yuma proving grounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanglemoose

We are headed that way... any suggestions on farthest north to stay... favorite place... never been... to this Yuma area... traveling with 2 of us. In motorhome, don't want a lot of dirt road travel to site

Where are you now?
You could always join us at Quartzsite or KOFA.

Thanks Tony, crew we are with want to be by water... someday, I hope to meet some of you...

The only water around Yuma is the Colorado river, and it's only 20 miles from Q

Thanks, any preferences???
We have not stayed at any of the three places, just know that they are in the area. I believe that to get to either side of Senators Wash there in some gravel road driving, but if you park in the desert anywhere there will be dust. There are videos on youtube of these three places that may give you a better understanding of what they are like.

Check out the Quartzsite Reply thread in "Rallies, Shows and Events," and there are a couple of aerial shots of the RVforum group's "camping" area -- might give you a little idea of this desert area.

O
Would love to explore KOFA area.. any pics of your camp area you could share?
Once we get there but here's one I took down that way.. close to the King of Arizona mine so several miles from the camp spots.

Attachments

• 20220123_142900.jpg
    20220123_142900.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 7
Also we are thinking of camping in Yuma for a few days so will get in touch if you don't make it down here.

Back
Top Bottom