yup, yet another new guy....sigh...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am kidding, just thought I would say here I am and my story.
Been digging in and researching, inspecting and running numbers for about a year now, so I can go full time.
I am not new to living on the road, my username may be a clue.

What I was new to, or still am, is the RV side of things.
I have a specific need/desire for a toy hauler floor plan. So that is my pivot point.
What I have learned:
90% of these things are shoddily built. mediocre materials and in some cases wrong materials.
This goes from the low priced, all the way up to the mid upper end. The top tier is out of my price range, so they dont count.
I have looked at every Toy hauler within a 200 mile radius of DFW. No matter the price, the builders cared not one bit of their trade. So I know I will have a project always in the works.
I can say to someone still doing research, find something you can afford, and afford to "make things better". Dont worry about the brand. Worry about customer service and price.

So, I ran across a pretty good deal on a 2022 Puma Unleashed 39 footer. About 10K off the avg retail listings of both Lazy Days and RV Trader. It was a repo that looks like it was never even used. I will crawl all under it in the next day or two to make sure the previous owner figured it may be better to let a lemmon go than fight the OEM or dealership.
I will let you know my findings.
I am getting VERY excited about being back out on the road. There is just something about waking up and seeing a view of your choice each day. Be it a beach, mountain, or desert. Its going to be much more fun when I pick how far and at what time I want to "go". I am going to gravitate towards boondocking as much as possible, as that seems more fun. Not to mention, nobody mad over a genny running LOL.

I am pretty lucky as I have a good work from home job, that also likes us to visit our customers. That 58 cents per mile is going to come in handy with the gas bill. It may only be a few hundred a month, but....

I plan on documenting as much as I can, because, I would rather edit videos and post them to youtube than drink at the bars. I will decide that later.

P.S. I like all the tricks and tips I am reading, good stuff!

Given the terrible quality control issues the RV manufacturers have had since the 2020 Covid-induced surge, I would not buy anything made since then. You would be better off and get a better RV buying used - pre-2019.

Buying used, you might be able to afford one of the top tier models.

Warranty repairs from a dealer means, from almost everything I have read, leaving the RV at the dealer for 4 to 6 months for them to say they fixed it, only for you to find they did nothing and its still broke.

Dealers will almost not work on RV's they did not sell, even if you wave money in their face.

True warranty issues are many times more easily handled by a mobile RV tech who is authorized by the RV manufacturer or the appliance manufacturer to perform the repairs.

Charles

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Hopefully that right will work out well for you. Keep us posted on progress..

Don't assume that whilst boondocking It is OK to run your generator non stop unless you are far from others.

Most folks seem to switch them off by 10 and not on till after 7 or later.

Good luck with your inspection!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Hopefully that right will work out well for you. Keep us posted on progress..

Don't assume that whilst boondocking It is OK to run your generator non stop unless you are far from others.

Most folks seem to switch them off by 10 and not on till after 7 or later.

Good luck with your inspection!
The generator will be a temp deal, well, a big 7500 watt one anyways.
Going to take me a few months to build the solar kit.
I need about $6,000- $8,000 in the batteries alone.
I am hoping to have this completed by this time next year.

well, looks like I will be hitting the road in a few weeks.
Signed the paperwork on the RV yesterday.
2022 Ram 2500
2022 Puma Unleashed 382THS.
Waiting on the 5th wheel hitch to arrive and get to drilling holes on the new bed
All I need is power and I am good to roll out.
1669862926584.jpeg

1669862900738.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom