yup you guessed it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

idathemann

I've been living full time in my RV for about 15 years now.

Just kidding, I've only stayed in an RV a few nights but recently had a 8.5x20 enclosed trailer I had converted into a camper stolen so I'm using this experience to upgrade.

I have toys (2 out of 3 quads I own were in another city when the trailer was stolen) so a toyhauler is going to be my choice.

In doing my research I find that a 5th wheel seems to start a bit higher in the weight department than my truck can handle so that's out of the question.

I have a 2012 f150 with the ecoboost so I can pretty much tow anything out there and will probably never be going more than a couple hundred miles when I do travel with it as I am surrounded by great parks here in Florida.

I gave up my commercial drivers license a couple years ago so hauling a large trailer doesn't bother me and I still to this day look at bridge clearances after a fun experience in downtown Indianapolis where I had to back down a one way street with a semi about two blocks.

I'm basically trying to avoid buying a lemon or getting suckered in to a "lifetime" warranty like I found at Giant Recreation World(the only dealership I have visited so far).

I just want to educate myself so I'm here. I looked at a number of toyhaulers they had and found one that I love but know nothing about the manufacturer or the durability of it, nothing so I'm here.

2019 Xlr Boost 31QB

It's in my price range, it's got the features I want, so thoughts?

I'll hang up and listen.

Welcome to the forum You will find a lot of good information on the site.

I can't speak for that TT. But I will say that's a lot of trailer for your truck. And that's coming from a Ford Guy :)

Depending on exactly which truck you have I think that trailer is over your max towing by a couple thousand pounds and over max GCWR by probably 3000. Also, that's a very long trailer for an F-150

Welcome to the forum

Back
Top Bottom