Cable hatch install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weyantc

Looking for advice on cable hatch install. PXL_20230601_224307801.jpgWe have a 7 year old grand design imagine. At some point someone drilled a hole in the back wall to pass cables through. Currently it is just a small hole covered with some sealant. I obviously don't love this solution and am looking for a better one. We also just got starlink so are hoping to use this already established hole to bring the router inside, but it will need to be widened to accommodate starlink's cord. To accomplish this, I am hoping to install a cable hatch. My thought was to use a hole saw to widen the existing hole, then use mounting tape on the flange of the cable hatch, and screw it into place. I have seen some videos of this being done on aluminum siding. My question is, can this be done on fiberglass? Is there a certain technique I should use so the hole saw or screws dont crack the fiberglass? Also is there a certain type of screw I should use? Do I need to do something to anchor the screws so they don't come loose in transit?

Back
Top Bottom