How to sell my RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

f8ful

Hi,
I'm here in So Calif. trying to sell my 2005 Georgie Boy Pursuit 3180DS.. do you know anyone interested?  Pls. let me know.  Any RV selling site, you can recommend?  Thanks alot

These days, Craigslist is probably your best bet.  It's free and your ad will probably get a lot of visitors... there are precautions you should take when meeting strangers for a possible sale (such as meeting during the day, in a well-populated area) but that would be the case with any private sale.  You'll want to have lots of photos posted online, and know as much about the rig as possible to share with potential buyers.

There are other popular pay sites you can use to advertise an RV for sale too, such as Ebay (actually an RV would fall under Ebay Motors I believe) and RVtrader.com.

You can also post a "For Sale" ad here, in our Classifieds area... here's a link to that section.

My husband and I purchased one off of craigslist and sold one on RV Trader.
Both sites are great, but the pro for craigslist is that it is free.
The pro for Rv Trader is that, I think it's easier for more people to see your add.

Good pictures and detailed info,including length and weight will certainly help.  So frustrating to see ads where the seller really didn't bother.  Waste of time,people just pass by those ads,I think.

Craigslist, but beware of the money scams. They will come in many forms. (these guys are getting good at it)

Cash is always king.
Don't get excited when the phone rings, many people will kick tires and low ball.
Cash in hand in my driveway or we meet at a police station to do transaction or at the bank of yours or his choice, to sign papers.

Pictures lie.  Don't buy anything you haven't seen in person.

I recently chased craigslist ads all over the state of Arkansas looking at motor homes.  Ended up buying one that we saw sitting in the guys front yard while in route to see yet another craigslist POS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom