RV review?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bearlyhip

My wife and I have finally climbed out of our sailboat and plan to sail land for awhile.  We are new to the RVing life and have become rather frustrated with all the options etc.  We are looking at older ones to give it a try.  Can anyone critique this one for us? 

1996 32 ft Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser Good condition, Ford chassis 360 cu. in.. engine, 17000 miles. Thanks.

Looks like a nice rig.  Be sure to check tire dates, 7 years is when you change them out.  Pay to have it inspected, that low of mileage means it sat most of its life.  Many systems need regular use to operate properly.

Welcome to the forum

The old saying that ?you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince? has never been truer than when looking for an ?oldie but goodie? RV. Obviously the first thing is, do you like the floor plan? If yes, then regarding condition the very first thing to look for is any evidence whatsoever of leaks (stains, bubbles, wrinkles, warps, soft spots on the roof, etc). If you find any, walk away. Secondly, does everything work? Once you?ve satisfied yourself, if you get serious about a rig pay an inspector to check it for you, then negotiate your deal.

(BTW, I deleted your duplicate post. No need to post in multiple areas; it makes it much easier for both you and those that reply to keep everything together in one post.)

I would say the engine in that year is a 460 CID, not a 360 CID, but if it is a medium truck chassis, it would most likely be a 370 CID.  I am biased and prefer diesel, especially in the era before all the EGR and DPF/DEF.  If you are not doing a lot of long distance driving or heavy towing/hauling, a gas engine will serve you fine.

Back
Top Bottom