Dolphin rv fuel pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liuhisn

Hello all! I am new to the world of RVing. I have recently been gifted a 1995 Dolphin RV. The problem I am having is that it will not start.  The engine turns but it just won't start going. I have had an RV mechanic come out and take a look at it and was told that the fuel pump was getting power but not turning on.  I have since purchased a new fuel pump, battery and fuel relay, installed them both myself and the same result.  Fuel pump not turning on! I am looking at the Inertia switch or Emergency fuel cutoff switch. Looking at it, the button is down.  Is it supposed to be up in order to supply power to the pump? If not, is there a way to test it to see if the switch just went bad? These go for $117 so I don't want to buy one for nothing. Another question is, does the fuel pump run off the chassis battery or the cabin batteries? Betond that, Everything else works fine.  Im at a loss so any advice on this would be appreciated. Again 1995 Dolphin rv 35k miles on it.

Need to know what chassis is under the Dolphin - Chevy or Ford.  If the engine is the 460, it's a Ford; if a 454 its a Chevy.
The fuel pump runs off the chassis 12v system and chassis battery.

It is a Ford F530 super duty engine. I have replaced the Fuel pump week ago and it still will not start. I put the battery on a charger and gave it a full charge,13 volts! Since then, I have not put the battery back in to see if it starts. Are these vehicles equipped with OBD1 or 2 ports?Could this be a PCM issue or an inertia switch that just went bad. The inertia switch button is down by the way. Any Help would be Appreciated !

The red button should be in. If your absolutely sure it?s a fuel problem, you can check the fuel pressure at the schrader (tire) valve right by the fuel regulator you replaced. Turn key on a couple seconds then Depress the valve core carefully see if fuel squirts out. If it does your probably ok with a new pump.  You can put a tire gauge on the schrader valve while turning key on/ off a few times.  Should be 35-40lbs. Tire gauge must depress valve core obviously. May take 4-5 on/offs to pump up gauge and not all gauges will work.
  If you have someone to turn key on/off for you, just crawl under there and listen. Fuel pump should run 2-3 seconds when key is turned on.
What did the filter on the old pump look like. How about the inside of the tank?

Liuhisn said:
It is a Ford F530 super duty engine. I have replaced the Fuel pump week ago and it still will not start. I put the battery on a charger and gave it a full charge,13 volts! Since then, I have not put the battery back in to see if it starts. Are these vehicles equipped with OBD1 or 2 ports?Could this be a PCM issue or an inertia switch that just went bad. The inertia switch button is down by the way. Any Help would be Appreciated !

The 1995 Ford F53 chassis that you have is equipped with a 460 cu. in. V8 engine that has an OBD1 diagnostics port. The port is usually located under the "dog house" cover near the accelerator pedal location. The F53 chassis didn't get OBD2 until 1999 and the switch to the Triton V10 engine.

There was rust on the pump. Going to drain the gas when I have time. 65+ gallons

Back
Top Bottom