Help with TV cabinet - how to open up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelazyl

I need to tip out my TV as part of configuring a home theater system.  I am unable to figure out how to "open up" the cabinet to do so.  I attached a photo and I hope you can see it.

There is a small access panel on the back for which I can access the ports on the back of the TV.  However I can't figure out how to un-configure the cabinet if I want to pull the entire TV out.  My first thought was to remove the panel that is flush on the roof in front of the cabinet (it is hard to see in the photo).  However when I remove that panel I see no way of pulling off the cabinet's front face.  When I peer into the backside of the cabinet it looks like it is solid with no way of opening it up.

I don't know if this is an original cabinet or custom.  Ideas?

When I bought the RV it was missing the surround sound receiver.  I think I found a replacement receiver.  However, I would need to remove the existing WIRELESS receiver (SWA-6000) that came with the original Samsung package.  This wireless receiver is mounted behind the TV on the bottom edge of the cabinet.  If you have experience with Samsung surround sound I can explain why I am taking this approach. 

Attachments

• Bruiser TV Cabinet.jpg
    Bruiser TV Cabinet.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 79
There's not enough detail in the photo for me to give you much help, but you might explore how access to the rear of the TV might be available in the two cabinets to either side of the TV. There may be one or more screws in there that allow one or more panels to come out to reveal the back of the TV. I've seen several variations on that.

We replaced our old tube TV with a Samsung flat screen TV.  Davis Cabinets did the changeover for us because it required woodworking.  The surrounding wooden "box" has a part that lifts up in the front.  The TV is attached to that.  Many revised installations have a "lift-up" or "hinge-out" feature so you can get to the cables that are hidden behind the TV.  We can prop ours up and when we close it, there are bolts through the cabinet on either side (behind their doors so you can't see them) that keeps the front lifting piece in place.  If it's a retrofit it might be a lift or hinge type installation.

ArdraF

THis is 99% guess work but look around the outside edge of that (The sides not the front) for some wooden plugs (may look like buttons) using a padded pair of pliers pull the pulgs and you will see screws underneath. likely #2 square bit will remove them then the trim pulls off towards you as you face the TV.  I stress the opening line This is 99% guesswork.

Not sure if this makes sense, but we have a large screen TV that can be pulled out, but you have to remove a wooden cabinet panel on the right side.  This panel snaps in and out, not that easy to spot, but the wood piece is on hidden hinges that allow the panel to move out of the way and let you get to the TV.  They put it in, so there is a way to get it out.  We have a TV over the dash that so far remains a mystery to me, but I will figure it out one of these days, we don't watch it or use it so it's not on a "do to" list.  But, it went in, it can come out.  Good luck.

John From Detroit said:
THis is 99% guess work but look around the outside edge of that (The sides not the front) for some wooden plugs (may look like buttons) using a padded pair of pliers pull the pulgs and you will see screws underneath. likely #2 square bit will remove them then the trim pulls off towards you as you face the TV.  I stress the opening line This is 99% guesswork.

If there are plugs as John said and if they are flush with the wood, just drill a small hole in the center and insert a wood screw. When it hits bottom, it will back out the plug.  You can get new plugs at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Look inside the cabinets on the side for screws holding the frame around the tv.

Hello,
I searched high and low and don't see a way to undo the cabinetry.  It appears to be hard-attached to the coach with no hinges or pins.

As someone mentioned I DO see the bracket that holds the TV in place.  Although hard to reach I could remove the screws holding the bracket in place and then pull the TV out the front.

I attached a few more photos.

Thanks everyone for your help on this!

Attachments

• Cabinet 1.jpg
    Cabinet 1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Cabinet 4.jpg
    Cabinet 4.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads