Magnum Inverter Control Board Settings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrohog1

I am trying to  Set the settings on my Magnum Inverter Control Board. I have 6-AGM BATTERY'S  on my Coach. When I get to the Settings it ask if my Batteries are AGM-1 or AGM-2, all I know is that they are AGM Battery's, what is the difference? Also It ask if I want 400 AHS OR 800 AHS, what should I set it at.

Thanks of your help,
Herbie

AGM 1 or 2 is just a slightly different charging profile and not a defined battery type.  Your battery manufacturer has a recommended charging rate (bulk, absorption and float charging) and you choose the profile in the charger that most closely matches. In most case the difference is insignificant, though. Just pick one to get started - you won't harm anything.

You need to know the combined amp-hour rating of your battery bank to select the 400 or 800 AH (amp-hour) parameter. And if those are the only choices, just pick the closest. If you have 4 house batteries, it's almost surely 400 AH. Tell us what size battery they are, and how many, and we can verify for you.

Gary, I greatly appreciate you help. All that I know about the Battery is that I have a total of 6-INTERSTATE #31M-AGM. I called Interstate and they said the amp hours is 100 each. Does this help any?

Thanks,
Herbie

On Magnum inverter/chargers, AGM1 is for Lifeline AGM batteries. AGM2 is for East Penn, Deka, Trojan and Discover AGM batteries. The source for this is the manual for the Magnum remote panel, ME-RC.

Larry

Hi Herbie. Our Magnum manual says this about the AH settings, "AmpHrs/Absorption Time: This setting allows the user to input the battery bank size in amp hours or to set the absorption time?which tells the charger how long to charge the batteries in the Absorb Charge stage."

Our AGM house batteries (we have eight) are made by East Penn and use the AGM2 setting, and our AH setting is set to "800." I don't remember if 800 was the factory setting, or if I changed it from 400 to 800 when I increased our AH capacity.

Kev

You have 6 batteries in total - 4 for the "house" and 2 for the chassis (engine starting). As Interstate told you,  a Group 31 size AGM battery is about 100 AH each.  4 x 100 AH = 400 AH in your house battery bank, so choose the 400 AH setting.

Interstate brand 12v batteries come from a major battery factory such as East Penn or Exide.  You can be confident they aren't from Lifeline (Concorde Battery).  Per LTG's info, use the AGM2 setting.

Actually, his coach has six AGM house batteries and two chassis batteries. That's how the '11 Tours and Ellipses came from the factory. Unfortunately, his Magnum remote doesn't have a 600 AH option. It's got settings for 200, 400 and 800 AH. The factory setting is either 400 or 800 AH, I just can't remember which, and the operator's manual doesn't say.

Kev

OK, I stand corrected. I'd use the 800 AH setting if I had 6 x 100AH batteries.  As I said earlier, it's not that critical - it just biases the charging algorithm a bit one way or the other.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom