We're at Redmond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wendycoke said:
Russ - Did you guys go up to Paulina Lakes? or visit the ice cave? stop at the High Desert Museum (a wonderful place)?

Wendy,

We drove to the top to view the lakes.  We did not visit the ice caves nor the Desert Museum.  Ran out of time.  Had to allow time for a  beer tasting tour of the Dechuettes Brewery.

Betty

Betty Brewer said:
Had to allow time for a  beer tasting tour of the Dechuettes Brewery.

Ah, the important things  ;D Where's the brewery? We'll be in central Oregon next month and might need to stop by.

If you do get back down past Bend and you've never been to the High Desert Museum, it's a really neat place.

Enjoy
Wendy

wendycoke said:
Where's the brewery? If you do get back down past Bend and you've never been to the High Desert Museum,
Wendy,

Yes we have been to the High Desert Museum. It is a MUST see. The Deschutes Brewery is at 901 SW Simpson .  The website is www.deschutesbrewery.com.  We actually did not go there as they are closed on Sunday but went to the restaurant downtown Bend on Bond Street and did our sampling there. I think the Brewery tour may have been fun but there are only so many days at a rally!
Betty

An RV Forum    Happy hour is planned at Tim and Marsha Lassen's motorhome at 5 pm on Wednesday August 15.  They are in lot  11 Street 3 and have parking along the end of their rig as their row parallels the main road.  They have an Allegro Bay motorhome with a Datastorm.  Bring your own chair and munchie. 
Betty

wendycoke said:
Would love to see a picture of Russ's "flag banner thingy"

Wendy,
Here it is with his Datastorm in background and a Davis weather machine on top of our rig.
Betty

Attachments

• DSC05538 (Small).JPG
    DSC05538 (Small).JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 29
Don't need a Davis weather station to see that it's clear and sunny :)  Wish we were there, instead of the humid midwest.

Cool banner. Wish we were there. Is that weather station reading less than 93 degrees? Cuz that was our high here today....of course, it's a DRY heat  ;D  With our luck, when we get to central Oregon next month, the high will be 42 with a low of 18 and 24 inches of snow on the ground. Oh well.

Enjoy
Wendy

wendycoke said:
Cool banner. Wish we were there. Is that weather station reading less than 93 degrees? Cuz that was our high here today....of course, it's a DRY heat  ;D  With our luck, when we get to central Oregon next month, the high will be 42 with a low of 18 and 24 inches of snow on the ground. Oh well.

Enjoy
Wendy

Are yoou trying to tell us you are going to drag that white stuff all the way from Colorado to Oregon just because you will miss it? ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D

I'd rather leave the white stuff in the Rocky Mountains where it belongs but seems like anytime we visit the folks in La Pine, it snows. Of course, last time we were there, it was Thanksgiving.

wendycoke said:
I'd rather leave the white stuff in the Rocky Mountains where it belongs but seems like anytime we visit the folks in La Pine, it snows. Of course, last time we were there, it was Thanksgiving.

It becomes apparent you just can't leave the white stuff behind. ;D ;D ;D

Ron said:
It becomes apparent you just can't leave the white stuff behind. ;D ;D ;D

Shall I come visit you and Sam???

Wendy
93 degree high here today....not a sign of snow, even on the mountains out the living room window

wendycoke said:
Shall I come visit you and Sam???

Wendy
93 degree high here today....not a sign of snow, even on the mountains out the living room window

Sure Wendy you are always welcome at Sam's Camp.  We do hope you leave the snow behind.  82F here today no sign of snow.

This evening the Brewers, Cousins and Russ Mahoney enjoyed each others company at dinner in Bend.

Gourmand Russ choose the restaurant and informed us we would be dining Cajun this evening at the Zydeco Kitchen in Bend. Arrived and perused the menu to find Arcadia bread and spicy shrimp the closest thing to Cajun on the menu. Turns out the Zydeco was named after the former owners dog. ;D ;D

The real entertainment of the evening was enjoying Russ trying to convince Terry to follow driving directions based upon his I-Phone instead of Terry's Nuvi. (Trying VERY unsuccessfully I might add. ;D )

Great evening and we will all be gathering Wednesday at the Lassen's.

Attachments

• Zydeco.JPG
    Zydeco.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 19
Just to reinterate the "Happy Hour Notice".  Will be great to host the event.  However I wanted to clarify Betty's information.  We are in Row 3 of Section 11 and are in an Allegro Bus with a data storm.  Don't get confused because there are 2 Allegro Buses with data storms in our row.  We are 3rd coach from the road parked by 2 Allegro Phaetons and have a dirty Hyundai Tuscon SUV.

And, she's right....plenty of parking.

Tonight we had a great Mexican dinner with the Mathews, Kerry and Beth.....this FMCA stuff is great!

Russ and Wendy, we stayed in La Pine because I couldn't get any reservations any closer to Redmond and didn't fully understand that we could have stayed in the holding area now I understand the routine.  So while we waited for our check in time; we toured the Newberry Volcano/caldara and went up to Pauline Lake.  Very interesting.

Tomorrow at 8 am, the king dome people come and hopefully fix the tv satellite.  Kerry had KVH come and fix his tv satellite today and it was nothing more than updating his software.  Hopeully our fix is just as easy.  A thank you goes out to Terry B.  Tim and Kerry had called from the service tents wanting to know what kindo of tv satellite system Kerry had.  I couldn't tell from the ground, so Terry climbed up on the roof and told me what brand....once again we thank him!!!  Otherwise I would have had to get up on the roof.

Marsha~

Marsha - Where'd you stay in La Pine? The state park? It's a nice spot if you're looking for a spot with hookups some time.

The Cascade Lakes Loop drive is very scenic if you have time.

Dang, I wish I was there.

Wendy

This FMCA Rally is very informative.  Today I learned that  FMCA Membership is way off , as is attendance at this international Rally.  Today at our CAT RV Club owners meeting we were encouraged to let others know the value of our FMCA Membership and to encourage all RV Owners to join.  As an Organization FMCA does much for us an individual Rvers.

The other neat thing was the entertainment tonight.  I love it when you know all the words to all of the songs.  Ricky Nelson's sons and the Stone Canyon Band played for 1 1/2 hours and not a single FMCA member got up to leave. (This is unusual) All of Ricky Nelson's hits were  sung and a few original of his son's were  featured. Did you know Ozzie and Harriet  was on TV for 14 years and has the longest standing record for a TV series?  Many of us grew up on that show and Ricky was indeed a teen age idol. I loved every minute of the show tonight and  it appeared to please all in attendance.  Terry loves oldies but they were not oldies in our era!

Betty

Marsha:

jerry and I had coffee together this morning and they do know about this evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom