How HOT is it where you are?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O

oldcurios

Yesterday it was 104 degrees with heat index of about 113 around Birmingham AL.  We had a small shower as I drove to Sams Club for supplies.
When I got out of the car, STEAM was rising from the parking lot, the humidity was heavy and hung on your skin.  The air was thick to breathe and hot in the nostrils.

I want OUT of HERE!!!  Wish we were RVing instead of "supervising" the get-ready-to-sell-and-go-fulltiming house remodel.  Somewhere cooler, where you can actually go outside and do something.

How HOT or COOL is it where you are? 

oldcurios said:
Yesterday it was 104 degrees with heat index of about 113 around Birmingham AL.  We had a small shower as I drove to Sams Club for supplies.
When I got out of the car, STEAM was rising from the parking lot, the humidity was heavy and hung on your skin.  The air was thick to breathe and hot in the nostrils.

I want OUT of HERE!!!  Wish we were RVing instead of "supervising" the get-ready-to-sell-and-go-fulltiming house remodel.  Somewhere cooler, where you can actually go outside and do something.

How HOT or COOL is it where you are? 

75? in the late morning.  Eat your heart out.  ;D

Chuck and Ayn,

We  pulled into the Redmond (Bend) Oregon area this morning and my outside guage is reading 67 at 10:45.  It is forecast to get up to low 70's .  It is unseasonably cool here for this time of year and  perfect for an RV rally. 

The waiting will soon be over, you will be on the road and you will forget all about that steam on the parking lot.  May the remodel and sales go quickly!

Betty

It's been 97-100? here.  We're having a wonderfully mild summer in north TX.  

Hot. Been 100 to 103 in the afternoons.
Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas.
Don't even want to think about hear index.

Typical, wonderful Florida weather here; latitude 28.9 N.

Has been between 90F and 95F for abt. 2 months now. A little rain now and then, all the lawns are in perfect green shape, not too much sprinkling required. Monsoon and hurricane season--- no hurricanes in sight---yet.

Presently 7 am temp around 80F, will cool down to 75 soon.

One thing to remember is that it's supposed to be hot in the summer. We live comfy at 78F indoors. Lotsa ceiling fans help a lot. The only thing I don't like is the  monthly power bill at this time of year. In the winter it is actually higher. Oh well.

carson FL

Indiana has been in the mid to high 90's with fairly high humidity, heat index around 110-115. Lousy weather to be outside, but my tomatoes have been growing like gangbusters. Nothing like a bacon, lettuce, and tomatoe sandwich with homegrown tomatoes.

Woody

We've had a beautiful August here in Moses Lake, WA, usually cool with afternoon highs in the 82-90 range, humidity of 12-20% and light breezes. Nights are 54-60.  Nice change from last August, when it hit 107 here. Guess all the heat went east, which is fine with me!  And by the time we head toward Florida in October, it ought to have cooled down there as well.

Woody said:
Indiana has been in the mid to high 90's with fairly high humidity, heat index around 110-115. Lousy weather to be outside...

...unless you're in a swimming pool, which I was this morning with the kids.  8)  Unfortunately not my own though.

About the same weather here in central IL as you have in IN.  You can't really do anything outside for long... all my RV projects are on hold until it gets more reasonable to work outside, and the poor rig is just sitting in the driveway baking.  :(

I don't know what the temperature is, but I do know it terribly hot here in Iowa.  I went to our State Fair today and just about melted !!!!  I want to be where it's about 75 degrees during the day and 50-60 at night - that's perfect to me !!!

89 here in southwest Colorado at 4 pm. Humidity is under 20% so doesn't feel too bad just sitting here. Was a bit toasty when we walked around the car show in the park. Nice thing is that when it gets hot here, we can drive 10 miles up the road and be in the mountains.

Running about 93 here in East Central Florida with a heat index of 106.  Nightly lows have been around 77.

Yea, but that place up north won't feel so good come January.  But then, you probably won't be there either ;)

Back
Top Bottom