2008 Tiffin Allegro FRED 32LA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BNTorsney

After ten years RVing with tow-ables, we finally decided to "bite the bullet" and purchase a new diesel motorhome. Before deciding to purchase new, we were looking at used motorhomes. The maker that impressed us most, time after time, was Tiffin Motorhomes. We visited Lazydays in Seffner, FL and looked at the new front end diesels made by Tiffin. One look at their 32LA floor plan and the value this coach represented, we bought it.

Attachments

• 08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 001 (Small).jpg
    08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 001 (Small).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 618
  • 08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 003 (Small).jpg
    08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 003 (Small).jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 377
  • 08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 004 (Small).jpg
    08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 004 (Small).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 364
  • 08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 005 (Small).jpg
    08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 005 (Small).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 492
  • 08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 009 (Small).jpg
    08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 009 (Small).jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 488
  • 08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 010 (Small).jpg
    08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 010 (Small).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 470
  • 08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 011 (Small).jpg
    08TiffinAllegroFRED32LA 011 (Small).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 468
That's a nice looking coach BT, congratulations. Other Tiffin/Allegro owners here are very pleased with their purchase.

I personally love the Allegro Brands, just not a fan of the Freds  Good luck
Tha'ts why they build differed kinds.

Nice looking coach. We just met a couple at Freightliner who had a new Tiffin FRED and loved it.

Enjoy!

Congratulations - great looking coach.  Tiffin is a top coach builder and the Fred chassis is getting rave reviews from owners, most of whom came from gas chassis rigs previously. I am sure you are going to love it!

Congratulations on your new motorhome. 

Tiffin now has a coach that has an option of bunk beds.  It's a big hit lately. 

We were just at the Tiffin plant in Red Bay, Alabama.  There were several "Fred's there.  They were trying to get the "noise? hum? rattle?" out of the grill.  Apparently, that's been a "frustration".  At certain speeds, the grill makes some kind of noise.  It's not a problem, just bothersome.

Marsha~

KodiakRV said:
Nice!   8)

Congratulations!
Thank you ALL for your good wishes.  I had two very pleasant surprises with this purchase. After we paid for it and it was ours, I was waiting at the motorhome for a final walk through. According to my paperwork the coach had the Cummins 5.9L diesel engine and a 4.0KW diesel generator. While I was inspecting it, waiting for the "expert," I discovered it had the new Cummins 6.7L diesel engine and a 6.0KW Onan Quiet Diesel generator. We could not have been more happy with the motorhome, and this extra, unexpected find made a very enjoyable day even better!

BNTorsney said:
Thank you ALL for your good wishes.  I had two very pleasant surprises with this purchase. After we paid for it and it was ours, I was waiting at the motorhome for a final walk through. According to my paperwork the coach had the Cummins 5.9L diesel engine and a 4.0KW diesel generator. While I was inspecting it, waiting for the "expert," I discovered it had the new Cummins 6.7L diesel engine and a 6.0KW Onan Quiet Diesel generator. We could not have been more happy with the motorhome, and this extra, unexpected find made a very enjoyable day even better!

Wow that was a pleasent surprise.  Congratulations again.

So you were the one who bought it.  I was studying it on line and was getting ready to plan a trip to Seffner to look at it up close.  I love that floor plan.  Please keep us up to date on your experiences.  That is one sweet looking coach.

Denis

wack2547 said:
So you were the one who bought it.  I was studying it on line and was getting ready to plan a trip to Seffner to look at it up close.  I love that floor plan.  Please keep us up to date on your experiences.  That is one sweet looking coach.

Denis
I guess I'm Lucky I got there before you. I was also checking the Internet, there were three of these 32LA's almost exactly alike, but the other two were in California. That fact was enough to get us over to Lazydays pretty quick.

Shake Down Cruise

We just got back from a short trip with our camping group. The coach handle well during all driving situations and EVERYTHING on the coach worked flawlessly for the three days. The only other new RV's we had were towables. This motorhome is obviously more complicated than any trailer, yet I had fewer initial problems with it than any of the three new trailers.
We are also pleased with the way Tiffin balanced the luxury against costs. They installed linoleum in most of the walking areas and gave us decent quality carpet where it counts.  Plastic toilet and sinks, but a VERY comfortable, quality mattress and sleeping pillows. I don't know if it was Freightliner, or Tiffin ordered the chassis this way, but I really appreciate the top of the line Michelin's and  disc brakes at all 4 wheels. Each and every time I called Tiffin's service department, for technical information about the motorhome, I quickly got a  knowledgeable Representative who had the answers. All in all, we could not be happier with Tiffin's customer service and our new Allegro FRED. I had heard good things about the way Tiffin works with its customers, I now have first hand knowledge that it is true.

BNTorsney said:
Shake Down Cruise

Thanks for all that. Nothing like first hand knowledge especially when it confirms what I already believe to be true.:)

BNTorsney said:
They installed linoleum in most of the walking areas and gave us decent quality carpet where it counts.

One of these days I'm going to figure out  the total weight of the real tile they put in the RVs. Seems to me I'd rather have the linoleum and use the weight somewhere else but without knowing how much it actually weighs I don't really know if it is something I should fight for.

Thanks again,
Dexter

Thanks for the report - and glad to hear Tiffin is living up to our recommendations for them!  Also happy to hear you like the FRED. Everybody I have heard from really likes it.

Our Second Short Trip

We just returned from our second 3 days trip with the new motorhome. The last day, actually 3 AM till 6 AM this morning, we experienced some heavy rain storms with high winds. The last time we were in a storm like that we had a trailer. The extra weight of the motorhome made the high winds seem tame; I also found out I DON'T have any leaks. In trying to locate a wire harness to complete our Dingy light wiring, I had a few chats with Tiffin and Freightliner. Because of those talks, I now know a lot more about the electrical system of our new motorhome. (I.E.) If my electrical leveling system looses power, I must check the 30 amp fuse allocated to the brake controller! The more I work on this motorhome, the more I am impressed; Tiffin Motorhomes builds a very solid, quality RV. All in all, our 3 day getaway was very enjoyable and our new toy preformed flawlessly.
Tiffin doesn't yet offer a mud-flap for this model. I ordered a custom one from http://www.mudflap-art.com/ and installed it just before we left.

Attachments

• Mudflap 001 (Small).jpg
    Mudflap 001 (Small).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 208
Bruce,

Every Tiffin owner has great praises for their products. Glad to hear you feel the same way.

Thanks for the link to the mud flap folks. I fixed the typo in the link (mudflap-art) and activated it. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the mudflap? I'd to replace the one on our coach, but Monaco charges an arm and a leg for them.

Excuse me for intruding on your post, Bruce

I took the liberty of adjusting the colors a bit to make the mudflap visible.

Hope you don't mind.  see pix below.

carson FL

Attachments

• Mudflap 001 (Small).jpg
    Mudflap 001 (Small).jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 212
Carson,

The colors looked just fine to me in the original photo. You must have one of those low brightness monitors  ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom