Refund

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy and Ned:

That's OK; they will have theirs spent by the time we get ours.

Jeff Cousins said:
That's OK; they will have theirs spent by the time we get ours.

Very true. As for mine, I'm putting it in the savings account and ignoring it until I really, really want something. Which means I'm really not contributing to Mr Bush's "Economic Recovery."

Wendy
Moab Utah (one more day)

wendycoke said:
We paper file because we have to pay and I'll be damned if they'll get my money any early than I absolutely have to give it to them. Let them wait for the USPS to get the check to them.

Wendy
Moab Utah (one more day)

Wendy

If you e-file you can send in your check on April 15th with a special payment form.

If we can't decide what we want to do with ours a little birdie has let us know that our granddaughters in Illinois need a new swing set. (That means we will double the boost to the economy because we will have to do something to keep it even with the two girls in Hawaii. ;D

BernieD said:
If you e-file you can send in your check on April 15th with a special payment form.

But they wouldn't have my bank account number so I couldn't get my stimulus refund electronically anyway.

Wendy

Oops, my mistake.  We didn't pay, but applied the small overpayment to this year's first quarter estimate.  I paid the balance by check, so they don't have our bank account number.  I'll be waiting for the snail mail check in mid-June, I guess.  Just in time for my birthday :)

Well, I got a refund,  Promptly via Direct Deposit

However the stimulus payment I've not seen yet.. And I'm in the second band, which means I should have gotten paid in the 2nd week. but I did not.

John In Detroit said:
Well, I got a refund,  Promptly via Direct Deposit

However the stimulus payment I've not seen yet.. And I'm in the second band, which means I should have gotten paid in the 2nd week. but I did not.

Stimulus payments begain April 28 for electronic filers.  Next week is the second week.

Margi

My son received his Friday his last two numbers are 75. Mine are 78, I guess we will be in the next mailing.I know ours will get some use as both the grandkids birthdays are coming up. At 7.3mpg I guess we all know where a good chunk of it will go.

Bill 

bill40 said:
My son received his Friday his last two numbers are 75.

Our last 2 digits are 75 also but we still haven't seen any deposit information. We did have direct deposit of some of our 2007 overpayment.

My payment showed in account today ssn ends in 34 so its right on schedulei.e. they said by May 9th

Yup... Mine showed up this morning.. Lunch, some bills, some flowers for the front porch, a new battery for my big flashlight and I have just enough left for a new battery for this laptop (Current one is down to 33% capacity)

Easy come, quickly gone

John In Detroit said:
Yup... Mine showed up this morning.. Lunch, some bills, some flowers for the front porch, a new battery for my big flashlight and I have just enough left for a new battery for this laptop (Current one is down to 33% capacity)

Easy come, quickly gone

Woot one more for the minority. Most (about 70%) people are planning on putting it in savings. So much for an economy boost.

Money in savings....

Well, let's say you put a dollar in the bank, at 3% interest, in oh, say 1948,  it's now 2008, or sixty years later

now at 3 percent your money doubles about once very 24 years, so sixty years is 2.5 doubling periods

So the dollar.. Would be worth 2,4,6 bucks today

In 1948,  Bread was what,, Nickel a loaf.. So that buck was 20 loaves of bread

Today... I just paid 5 bucks for a loaf of bakery bread this afternoon.  About as good that the nickel loaf

So your 20 loaves of bread,, Has "Grown" to one loaf and a cookie.

The only way that savings pays off, that is if you aren't constantly paying into it, is if you have an outrageous amount of money in the bank. Take your 3% for example. In order to maintain my current living standards, barring inflation, I would have to have 2,000,000 in a 3% account. That would give me ruffly 60,000 per year in interest, about what I make with military pay. Of course that is without working or paying more into the account.

blueblood said:
My payment showed in account today ssn ends in 34 so its right on schedulei.e. they said by May 9th

Hmmm...  Mine is "23" and no sign of it yet. 

"Direct deposit" means they will send it to the account they sent this year's tax refund to if you filed electronically, right?

A little side note, if you got a refund loan of any type then you will get the check not the direct deposit even if the funds were sent to your account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom