Larger tires to increase gvwr?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taebaek

05 CHEVY DURAMAX- ALLISION-EXTENDED CAB-4X4-LONG BED
GVWR-9900 CBWC-3078 GAWR FT.-4800 GAWR RR.-6500
DRY WT.6700
CONFUSED? CBWC 3078 IS ON TIRE INFO.MINUS PASSENGERS,CARGO,HITCH, SAY 1000LBS WOULD LEAVE 2078 PIN WEIGHT.
OWNERS MANUAL SAYS NOT TO HAVE MORE THAN 3500LBS.PIN WEIGHT.
WOULD BETTER TIRES INCREASE CBWC?
COULD I GO UP TO 19 1/2 WHEELS?

Phew!  Using all capital letters makes your post very hard to read!  But I struggled through it and have some thoghts on the matter...

What model of truck is this? A 2500 or 3500 HD?

CBWC - I've never heard of that acronym with respect to truck weight capacities. Could you explain it?  Judging from the numbers, it looks like it might be the truck's payload.

Generally speaking, increasing tire size alone is insufficient to increase carrying capacities, but it will depend on what the limiting factor(s) are in the current configuration.  In addition to suspension factors, it could also be braking, differential or transmission loads, or even mechanical limits of the frame.  Most likely you would have to increase axle size to get more GAWR and perhaps larger brakes.

The weight limits of any vehicle can not legally be increased above the GVWR set by the manufacturer without paperwork from the manufacturer. ?Considerations include axles, brakes, transmission and drive train among other things. ?Diving an over loaded vehicle puts one at risk of liability issues should an accident occur.

Back
Top Bottom