Help replacing battery charger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevinlori

Hello fellow RVers, I purchased a 2024 Minnie Winnie 32M that did not come prewired for anything so I'm having to do everything myself. I've installed 700w CIGS flexible solar panels on the roof powering 2 x 460ah LifePO4's through a Victron charge controller, and 4000w PSW inverter. I need to replace the house batter charger that came with the unit with a Victron smart charger, however I'm having a little difficulty locating the stock house charger. Any help would be appreciated!

Did you get the model number wrong? I do not see a 32M in WBO wiring diagrams list. 22M possibly?

2024 Wiring Diagrams​

Converter is inside the power center, below the 12v DC fuses and AC breakers, behind the louvers/vent holes. The power center appears to be a WFCO 89XX series (I cannot believe WFCO stooped down soo low as to be using WFCO) It should have a lithium ready, auto detect converter in it.

Plumbing Drawings
Minnie Winnie (300)

22M (Serial Number begins with 1031541)DrainageWater
22R (Serial Number begins with 1032041)DrainageWater
25B (Serial Number begins with 1032241)DrainageWater
26T (Serial Number begins with 1032541)DrainageWater
31H (Serial Number begins with 1032741)DrainageWater
31K (Serial Number begins with 1032941)DrainageWater

I suggest you download all of the PDF's applicable to your model and save them on a thumb drive, stored with your manuals/black pouch.

Charles

Last edited:
My mistake it is the 22M model and thank you for helping me locate the charger/converter and for all the links. I have saved them all for future reference. Although, they are a bit confusing, do I simply disconnect the charger from the power center and connect the new one?

......do I simply disconnect the charger from the power center and connect the new one?
Basically that's it unless you have an odd arrangement. Pull the old one and compare to the replacement. There should be 120V power in and +12V (red) and -12V (black) out. Winnebago uses yellow for positive and white for negative for some reason, maybe that's some kind of industrial standard.

The wiring will be short, 120v AC simply comes from the breaker panel above it and the output goes to to terminals on the 12v DC fuse panel, so the wiring out never leaves the Power Center.

120v power to the converter is shown in the very first elect install drawing. Breaker #4 supplies the fridge and the converter. Both wires, in keeping with electric code, are combined in one ferrule that is under the screw in the breaker (this eliminates double tapping, a NEC violation), This is a WBO standard.

That converter is lithium capable with auto detect. Many people have trouble with it auto detecting but the secret seems to be running the battery way down, then allowing it to charge, it should figure it out. But my opinion of WFCO is that it is junk.

(I cannot believe WFCO stooped down soo low as to be using WFCO)

Should have read "I cannot believe Winnebago stooped so low as to be using WFCO"

Charles

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g-man911
Back
Top Bottom