A special message of thanks for our President

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, it only makes sense to defer the benefits if you're still working at 62.  Not only is the breakeven point in your 80s, but you're getting cheaper dollars in the later years :)

Remember, you can no longer collect full benefit at age 65.  I was in the first group who had to work longer. Born in 1938 I had to wait to 65+ 2 mo.  There is a schedule on the SSA web site.

Tony

The SSA station chief told me that I would be crazy not to sign up at 62.  At least get in the system.  After that you can suspend payments, change this and that as needed, but at least you are in the system, vested sorta.  She also told me that at any time, I can pay back all the money I've received, without interest, and re-baseline my benefits... it's sorta like buying an annuity... when you are 67, for instance, you can pay back all the money you have received, then get a higher monthly benefit.  In some cases, a 25% higher benefit for something like $50-70K.  Try to find an insurance company that will sell you an immediate COLA annuity of $4-500/mo for $50K.  FWIW.

My full retirement age is exactly at 66 years and if I wait until then to receive benefits, I will break even at 88 years of age.  Kind of gives you something to live long for, doesn't it?  :p

rsalhus said:
My full retirement age is exactly at 66 years and if I wait until then to receive benefits, I will break even at 88 years of age.  Kind of gives you something to live long for, doesn't it?   :p

It will shock me and many others if I were to live that long!!!

BTW: How do you like the Rexhall?  They have an ad in the last issue of M'Home with some attractive pricing.

BTW: How do you like the Rexhall?  They have an ad in the last issue of M'Home with some attractive pricing.

We're happy with our Rexhall, but we're having just as many problems as most other motorhomes, and without any support from Rexhall. 

I didn't see the Rexhall ad in Motorhome Magazine but we did tour the new ones at the FMCA Western Rally in Indio, CA in January.  Full body slides on both sides and with your choice of gas or diesel engine attracted a lot of lookers (I think they sold 7 of them at the show).  And based on Rexhall's prices at the show, I would guess that you probably get as much or more coach for your dollar than any other motorhome made today. 

I've really been impressed how everyone has shied away from taking this thread to a deep, dark place (politics).  I didn't think that would be possible.  To be honest, while I've enjoyed this thread (it took me back to my turn in the barrel), I really enjoy a politically incorrect discussion.  There are so many opportunities out there now.  FWIW - I think the term "politically correct" is an oxymoron!

sheltie said:
I've really been impressed how everyone has shied away from taking this thread to a deep, dark place (politics).  I didn't think that would be possible.  To be honest, while I've enjoyed this thread (it took me back to my turn in the barrel), I really enjoy a politically incorrect discussion.  There are so many opportunities out there now.  FWIW - I think the term "politically correct" is an oxymoron!

just like "military intelligence" ... LOL or "jumbo shrimp"... or "free lunch"...  :) :) :)

For the folks who obviously missed the (non-political) subtle humor, especially the many folks who know me personally and know that I "talk with a funny accent" (but not quite as funny as Arnold Swartzenwotsit's), let's fill in the blank ...

Re-read the subject line and my original message, and insert "thanks from an illegal alien" at the end of the message  ;D

For the folks who still don't get it .... I'm not (an illegal alien), but think of the benefits being handed out to IA's, vs US citizens and "legal" immigrants who, like Carson and myself, arrived with nowt in our pockets and worked our butts off to make a living here in this wonderful country and paid our dues. We say thanks every day for arriving on these shores.

Now, the drivers licenses and other stuff being doled out to illegals by Arnold....

As someone said, just "Tom's odd Welsh wit"  ;)

Ned, I have no idea what you're talking about. This was a non-political discussion, and I've given several non/bi-partisan examples. Why would you want to stir the pot, aka fan the flames  ???

Tom, ignore what Ned says.. Some people must, by genetics, respond in a negative way every time.

Nothing will change it..just live with it and understand it.

Change is person against his will, of the same opinion he will be still.  (anonymous)

Sorry about having to say this..

carson FL

I have expressed no opinions, so don't put words in my mouth, thank you.  I was merely injecting a little humor, but perhaps my humor is even more obscure than Toms.  I'll go away and leave you to your "non-political" subjects.

Just out of curiousity, since this is a "non-political" thread - and that's what I took the original OP to be/with humor - am I correct in thinking that political discussions are not allowed on the forum.  I've read the rules, but...  I'd sure like to know where to find a forum where a reasonalby rational discourse could take place involving politics.  Nothing like getting the juices flowing!

[quote author=sheltie]... am I correct in thinking that political discussions are not allowed on the forum.  I've read the rules...[/quote]

Denny,

Our forum rules talk specifically about religious or political rants. However, over the years, our membership has expressed a preference to avoid the subjects, preferring to have harmony here.

DonTom said:
You can try here.

-Don- SSF, CA​

Don,

Thanks, I've added it to my Favorites list and will try it for awhile.  Since my golf game keeps deteriorating, I'll probably spend more time there! 

Tom - Active, participating mods are what keep forums close to the straight and narrow.  This is the only forum I use in which that is true and that is a tribute to everyone who helps keep this forum running.  I still like jokes that are politically incorrect, discussion regarding politics, etc., although I'm not so hot regarding religion.  Oh well, can't have everything.

Appreciate the feedback Denny. We don't always get it right, but we sure try hard.

BTW if anyone isn't aware of the team that makes this place work, click the Hosts button above, and all will be revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom