Favorite things to do camping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molaker

We all have our favorite things to do while camping.  This photo shows a couple of things we like to do.

Attachments

• DittoSleep.jpg
    DittoSleep.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 294
Eating, sleeping, resting & relaxing after a nice adult beverage.  Doing what I want when I want if I want.  :)

Did your dog ever finish that puzzle? Nice photo.

Yes, eating and sleeping are kind of prerequisites. Walking/hiking and being tourists are some of ours, and photography for me.

Back roads in either a dirt bike, jeep or polaris RZR in AZ. Atving in SW utah. Jeeping in Moab and Colorado. Sitting by the Colorado river with a good book in Parker, AZ. Anything in Lake Havasu, AZ.

Watching other campers arrive and get set up .... had some great laughs yesterday watching some of these folks trying to back in and set up  ;D

Wendy

Certainly, the things listed above are high on our list too.  I like people, so we do a lot of campground hosting.  If there happens to be a trout stream close by I am quite happy.  And as others have said, an adult beverage in the lawn chair goes a long ways too. 

Have to agree with Wendy on the people watching . . . the best entertainment available and it's FREE!

After a day spent on the boat, we enjoy coming back to camp, having dinner and relaxing with a good e-book and a frosty adult beverage!

Read, campfire, wine, cheese & crackers, watch people, and take walks. DW has a rule, if we eat we have to go for a walk, so we walk a lot.

Wendy said:
Watching other campers arrive and get set up .... had some great laughs yesterday watching some of these folks trying to back in and set up  ;D

Wendy

I'm a people watcher too but believe me the shoe is on the other foot when it comes to me trying to back up my trailer.  It's pretty bad when I am thankful to having almost a full tank of gas.  OK, now I know to remove the anti swag bar so maybe it won't take an hour next time.

I live to watch and listen to the buzz of the campground especially around sunset.

Cant Wait said:
DW has a rule, if we eat we have to go for a walk, so we walk a lot.

I like that rule. I think I'll fix lunch and then take Mike and Gordon for a walk.

Wendy

Hiking, running, biking...er', wait a minute...I like READING about those things, while laid out in a folding lounge chair within reach of the ice chest loaded with adult liquid goodies... ::)

The rest of the time, we like to park close to a mountain lake or stream so we can wet some hooks and try to snag something for breakfast! :eek:

When the kids & G/kids are with us we usually get together and play cards or board games, keeping score to see who can brag about their gaming prowess... 8)

Outdoor cooking is a big deal with our family - breakfast and dinner - we like to bring our propane stoves, dutch ovens, and BBQs to try new meals and some of our old favorites... :p

Lots of fresh air and sunshine seem to always be a theme and favorite with our whole gang - even better is when were ensconced away from any cell phone coverage! ;)

Ray

If there's not a Jeep'n trail close by, we usually spend several hours at the pool and then retire to ebooks, cheese 'n wine.
Ernie

PS If its too cold for the pool, driving south!

I like biking.. I really do (Though the hills here in SC get to me) And meeting friends we have made in the various parks.. One thing about my "Winter park" is we sometimes meet the same folks in one of our "Summer" parks.

I like swimming (summer, alas, pools closed now here and lakes.. Well.. Though the lake is artificially heated I suspect it makes very little difference)

I also love the scenery.. Epically at our "Week out" park (South Cove County park, Seneca, SC) that place is downright beautiful with lake on both sides of the RV.

Food, taking the dogs for a walk, people watching, reading, and last trip staring at the campfire.

I like to fish, did little if any of it last year, hope to do more this year.  And with the toad go sight see more and stay in places longer instead of pushing on as we have the means to run around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gurrenteed
Back
Top Bottom