Favorite things to do camping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ride my Flat Coat Retriever Noel around the campground in our golf cart. She loves to look at the dogs . She sits next to me and just looks around. Everyone knows her now.

When the kids were little we liked to play UNO.  We still do it it's not as fun and the dog's a lousy player.  Other then that it's usually a fire unless we are in a no burn zone campground or it's raining.  We do alot of Netflix movies if we are hooked up to electric and/or bootleg the internet to go online to watch.

Adult beverage, favorite chair and a fishing pole!  Doesn't get much better than that!

On the water is always number one, Wendy go to a boat ramp where tide is high and watch the fun as people try to beat the tide on the out going tide. I could write a book about it.
Campfire and grandkids are nest but not together.
Jim

I arrive in campgrounds for the sole reason to provide instant entertainment to the onlookers, as I often park the way it suits me, not the way it suits everybody else.

Recently a handyman came by to tell me I was parked wrong on the lot. I said "but I don't want to park right, then I wouldn't get the southern exposure"  he looked at me very strangely then left. I remained in my current condition.

At another campground, everyone was lined up very neatly on these grassy lots, like a mall parking lot. If I lined up parallel to them, then I would be staring at them. My rig is small, the lot was big, so I made a 5 point turn, parking perpendicular, now I faced the woods, instead of the neighbors and puppy had a huge lawn for his tether and toys. When I rolled out my electric cord and water hose, I had at least 3 inches to spare.  ;D

The next morning, I was out playing with the puppy in the yard, when a couple passing by, stopped stared, looked at me and asked "Did you arrive after dark?  You're parked funny!"  ::)

DearMissMermaid said:
as I often park the way it suits me, not the way it suits everybody else.

we do the same. however at the last campground we drove into the site (22 foot class c) and thus had our awning facing the friend we were camping with. and our door is at the rear anyway. we set up including the drain hose for gray water and went to tour the camp. came back and some one had pulled the drain hose out of the ground and then stomped the cover down so hard the handyman at the site was unable to remove it and ended up just poking a hole in the cover so I could use it. my friend keep getting his water turned off all weekend. the owner came down on sat morning and told me I was susposed to back into the site..cause it was on the rules I was giving. I told her I was not given any rules. and asked if I she wanted me to turn the rig around. she said next time......I was thinking there ain't going to be no next time!!

we did find out that the other campers around us who never spoke were the ones that were bothered that we were "parked" wrong. so one of my fav things to do at a campground now is to be left alone!

Get out the Lafuma anti-gravity recliner and set it up under the awning, pop open a drink safely contained within my Mark Martin bottle huggie, smell that wonderful campfire smell, and just completely....... decompress!

Bonus to have water view. Even bigger bonus if I never have to actually get out of the Lafuma chair. (Did I mention that I'm in love with the Lafuma chair?!)  :) 

Majority of Lafuma-induced coma time spent dreaming about my future motorhome...

Fishing, outdoor cooking, taking the dog for a walk, people watching, exploring, sudoku and afternoon naps.

Cook, eat, drink, throw log on campfire, and nap in my chair. Repeat as nessesary... Seriuosly though. I am up early in the day to fish, hike, ride bikes, swim etc. When I head back for the day we all shower and do the above and repeat until bedtime. been working great kids sleep like a log and Mom and Dad really unwind nice. ;D

Ride Snowmobiles in Winter. Horseback trail rides in Spring, Summer and Fall. Ek and Deer hunting in Fall. Photography in different areas. Camp with Camper's Club members with group activities.

Fishing, campfire, playing boccie ball and beanbag toss with the kid, swimming, cooking, and have been known to do some 12oz curls....  One of our truly favorite things to do is get to the campground early on a Friday, get all set up, then pull out the lawn chairs and beer and watch some of these people try and get their rigs backed in and set up.  We have witnessed some marriages almost end in divorce over just trying to get the trailer backed in......  ;D

Irocrcr said:
Fishing, campfire, playing boccie ball and beanbag toss with the kid, swimming, cooking, and have been known to do some 12oz curls....  One of our truly favorite things to do is get to the campground early on a Friday, get all set up, then pull out the lawn chairs and beer and watch some of these people try and get their rigs backed in and set up.  We have witnessed some marriages almost end in divorce over just trying to get the trailer backed in......  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom