An argumentative RV park - Glenaire in Yuma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
seilerbird said:
Ok I fixed it Wendy. Were you an English teacher when you were younger? ;D 

Not me. But I did start out as an English / Mathematics major in college....before I realized that the only thing I could do with that was to teach, something I did NOT want to do.

Wendy

wearecanadian2:

Don't be deceived by Tom's per month price as I suspect he is getting the summer rate now, which usually changes from the winter rate about 1 May in the southern end of the US.  Winter rates can be substantially higher, so before you are lured into "cheap" rv parks for your trip down here, be sure to check out their rates for the time of year you will be there.

The reverse holds in early spring and fall in the northern parts when their summer rates will increase some in June, but much higher in July and August.  Just be aware.....

Daisy

Daisy said:
wearecanadian2:

Don't be deceived by Tom's per month price as I suspect he is getting the summer rate now, which usually changes from the winter rate about 1 May in the southern end of the US.  Winter rates can be substantially higher, so before you are lured into "cheap" rv parks for your trip down here, be sure to check out their rates for the time of year you will be there.

The reverse holds in early spring and fall in the northern parts when their summer rates will increase some in June, but much higher in July and August.  Just be aware.....

Daisy
The summer rate is $210 but in the winter they jack it all the way up to $330 per month.

I looked at the website thinking about it as a possible for some winter and it does say $330 plus electric. Tom, how much do you think the electric is gonna cost you being there at this warming up time of year?

Wendy

Wendy said:
I looked at the website thinking about it as a possible for some winter and it does say $330 plus electric. Tom, how much do you think the electric is gonna cost you being there at this warming up time of year?

Wendy
Wendy, the last time I paid an electricity bill was in 1988. I don't have a clue what is costs. I will ask the manager as soon as I see him. My a/c runs about 6 hours a day, my refer is running and I watch TV for a few hours every day. They also give discounts for extended stays paid in advance. $290 per month if you pay for six months. And the coolest thing is that if you do stay long term then you can store your RV on the lot you are on for $30 per month. So right now this place looks completely full but the manager told me only 53 of 250 sites are occupied right now. That is why it is so exceptionally quiet here. I went swimming this afternoon in the pool. It is really nice. The whole park is just amazing nice, clean and quiet.

seilerbird said:
. And the coolest thing is that if you do stay long term then you can store your RV on the lot you are on for $30 per month. So right now this place looks completely full but the manager told me only 53 of 250 sites are occupied right now. That is why it is so exceptionally quiet here. I went swimming this afternoon in the pool. It is really nice. The whole park is just amazing nice, clean and quiet.

Are you listening to yourself Tom?  You're going to become a CG fan after all these years!  8)
Can the Wednesday morning shuffleboard league be far off?  :)

Rick

Orick said:
Are you listening to yourself Tom?  You're going to become a CG fan after all these years!  8)
Can the Wednesday morning shuffleboard league be far off?  :)

Rick
Yes I am and I can't believe what I am hearing. Actually though I am become a fan of Glenaire, not campgrounds. The last one I stayed at was a disaster.

I talked to the manager Don this afternoon. He says the average winter electricity bill is $40. In the summer it is about $180. Last month it averaged $65. I am planning on spending the winter here at this park. I want to sit someplace this winter and put as much money as I can into savings and get a newer RV before next summer. I don't think I can beat this place.

Thanks for the electric info. Shoot, our electric bill in the stick house is $60 a month. Maybe we should spend the winter there, too ! Except I have plans for Anza Borrego or Texas...and Mike probably has plans of his own. So many places, so little time.

Wendy

He only has three spaces left now for the winter. But then you would have to put up with me. ;D

You'll be busy running to Algodones. But Gordon could babysit Tarzan and Jane :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom