An argumentative RV park - Glenaire in Yuma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

seilerbird

I hate RV parks. In my 9 years on the road I don't think I have spent 10 nights in an RV park. Usually I am in National Park campgrounds or Walmarts. But I have to be in Yuma for a few weeks to get my teeth done in Los Algodones this week so I decided to bite the bullet and get a space in an RV park for the month of May.

I choose Glenaire because at $330 per month it was the cheapest one I could find. I made reservations last week and the guy didn't even take a deposit. I didn't have a lot of hope. I went into the office this morning to pay for my space and the guy asks me if he quoted me a price on the phone. I told him no, but on the Internet it says $330 per month. He says to me "Well I'm not going to charge you that much, how about $210?". I decided at that point to stop arguing and accept his price.

The park amazed me. I got here Saturday. The office isn't open on weekends so he told me just to go to my space if I got in early. I didn't see the first human being here until late Sunday night. This park is quieter than a mouse's fart. Clean as a babys butt. No barking dogs. No one under 55. There is a God in heaven. I was dreading coming here and now I don't want to leave. But I hear the Condors calling my name so I will head out to my canyon as soon as my teeth are done.

Thanks for the report Tom. We'll consider staying there next time we need to go to Algadones.

seilerbird said:
I hate RV parks. In my 9 years on the road I don't think I have spent 10 nights in an RV park. Usually I am in National Park campgrounds or Walmarts. But I have to be in Yuma for a few weeks to get my teeth done in Los Algodones this week so I decided to bite the bullet and get a space in an RV park for the month of May.

I choose Glenaire because at $330 per month it was the cheapest one I could find. I made reservations last week and the guy didn't even take a deposit. I didn't have a lot of hope. I went into the office this morning to pay for my space and the guy asks me if he quoted me a price on the phone. I told him no, but on the Internet it says $330 per month. He says to me "Well I'm not going to charge you that much, how about $210?". I decided at that point to stop arguing and accept his price.

The park amazed me. I got here Saturday. The office isn't open on weekends so he told me just to go to my space if I got in early. I didn't see the first human being here until late Sunday night. This park is quieter than a mouse's fart. Clean as a babys butt. No barking dogs. No one under 55. There is a God in heaven. I was dreading coming here and now I don't want to leave. But I hear the Condors calling my name so I will head out to my canyon as soon as my teeth are done.

Tom,

Were you intending to edit/reply to your own quote?

Just out of curiosity, what is the temperature down there right now.  Could partly explain why the park is so quiet.

maverickbbd said:
Just out of curiosity, what is the temperature down there right now.  Could partly explain why the park is so quiet.
It is going to be about 100 today. At night it gets down to 60. There is no doubt it would be much busier and noisier during the winter months. Right now it is like a morgue.

Here is the rate information for Glenaire.  The downside for many of us is it's very far from our friends in the foothills, but it is several miles closer to the state line for Algodones trips.

I suspect that if you set your mind to you could get an argument out of them.  If anybody can do it would be you! :)

geodrake said:
I suspect that if you set your mind to you could get an argument out of them.  If anybody can do it would be you! :)
Me argue? No, that would never happen ;D

Orick said:
You've been away from them too long Tom.  They're ALL like that now.  ;D

rick
I was at an RV park in Florida last November. The space was so small I couldn't open my awning or I would hit my neighbors rig. The dogs barked constantly, the people drank and partied till way past midnight. The place was run down.

http://www.cedarkeyrv.com/

i just signed up and this was the general info i have been searching for. i can see that there is so many knowlegable RV'er out there. its great to see i can stay fairly cheap. in Canada we usually have stayed Wallmarts, National - Provincial parks, trucksops to save some dollars.

"its great to see i can stay fairly cheap."

I have found a lot of dirt cheap RV parks during my travels even though I don't usually stay at them. They are out there. I posted a question on this forum a few weeks ago asking if anyone had a recommendation for a cheap place to stay in Yuma and no one had a recommendation. So I took Ned's advice and Googled Yuma RV parks and starting checking rates. This is why mobile Internet for a full timer like me pays for itself many times over per month.

seilerbird said:
"...dirty cheap RV parks

"dirty" RV parks? Or "dirt cheap" RV parks? I've stayed at a few that were "dirty" but not cheap  ;D

Wendy

Ok I fixed it Wendy. Were you an English teacher when you were younger? ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom