Sad state of affairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1joester2 said:
Is the female form of curmudgeon a curmidgeon?
hmmm.. Curmudgeon of coots, curmidgeon of cooties.

CurmudgeonESS!

Daisy

AH yes... the true American Coot. I sincerely hope you have never been so hungry as to try to eat one of these grilled on a campfire.....I'll save you the trouble. instead eat a handful of river bottom mud. The mud has better texture and flavor. Trust me.

Carl L said:
In a possibly futile attempt to resolve the coot issues raised here, I furnish the following link.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fulica_americana.jpg 

The image is of an American* coot.  [*Canadian coots subsumed.]
So, when I look at the map that shows where the American Coot can be found, I see that it has for place of residence, the Southern states and the Pacific Coast line, but it comes to breed in the Northern States, East Coast and Canada.

Next time I see a coot with American license plates, I'll have to ask him if he came here to breed.

carson said:
I always thought my feet looked funny. Now I know who my ancestors were..  8)

Carson

So, you were a coot from the day you were born.

You are so right, Lou.  Not only that but a curmudgeon as well. It's in the genes. Glad to see that there are a few of us around....including you. Keeps the World smiling.  ;)
How are you...where are you?
Carson FL 85.5?

I recall reading the following anecdote in a Reader's Digest in my youth in about the late '60s.  So I'm certainly not telling this anywhere near as well as originally written.

I decided to visit my son for several weeks.  At the train station I was met by my son and John a friend of his about my age.  Well, John and I got along just fine as we shared several mutual interests.  We spent quite a bit of time fishing.   

As I was leaving I asked my son how he got to know John.  My son pulled out a newspaper ad which stated "My father is coming to visit for several weeks.  I'm looking for a curmudgeon in his late 60s who enjoys fishing ...."

FrankNSharon said:
when we can not have a civil and respectful discussion without it deteriorating and ending up locked.
I bet you wish this one would get locked! ;D ;D ;D
J

It's deteriorated into downright civility, what's wrong with you people?  ::)

From the sublime to the ridiculous or from the ridiculous to the sublime?  I can't decide.  :D

Margi

I'm thinking, coot and codger are interchangable? Or maybe coot is short for codger... by two letters. I had to look up Curmudgeon... which is a "killjoy".. which is a party pooper.  ;D I learned something today.

RnMAdventures said:
I'm thinking, coot and codger are interchangable? Or maybe coot is short for codger... by two letters. I had to look up Curmudgeon... which is a "killjoy".. which is a party pooper.  ;D I learned something today.

A curmudgeon could only be considered just a "killjoy" or "party Pooper" by someone with NO sense of humor, NO appreciation of honest critique and one of extremely thin skin.  :)

With a coot, a codger and a curmudgeon we only need one more for a foursome.. I'll call for a Tee Time.

Tony_Alberta said:
The only tee time I like is the 19th hole.

Which club do you use on the 19th?

After I composed the Q, I thought of an answer: the "curmudgeon club" or the "club curmudgeon", I don't know which.  Probably comes with a handle and holds 20oz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom