Ok guys how hard to get around

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you get a diesel pusher plan on ALWAYS getting fuel at a truck stop and buy the diesel on the truck side, not the auto side.  That way you will never have to back up.  You can always go straight ahead both coming in and leaving.

Also, think about only two slide outs on the same side because when you have slide outs on both sides it makes it so hard to get into the lower side bays.  This way you can put all the "stuff" you want to use often on the side without the slide out.  We have lower bay sliding trays in our bays and even with those it is AWFUL getting "stuff" out on the side with the slide out.

JerryF 

Thank you!  I said you want me run out of every RV park around? 

The inside is really quite beautiful if you get rid of some of the red touches. But it has a lot of black inside.  It's got black tile floors with viened maybe marble, black leather.  I told hubby if I won the bid could I get the red painted?

It's been some custom jobby for something and it got repoed.

The extra 10 feet of length counts. Not when driving down a nice highway, but in towns and in campground roads and even in some Walmart parking lots. Not impossible by any means, but definitely noticeable that it's there. It's not so much the length as the longer wheelbase that makes tight turns and winding roads more of a challenge.

That said, we love our 40 footer!

But why 40? How about 34 or 36?

I agree, had just seen one with a decent price and it happened to be 40 foot.  I'm going to continue looking, I will find what I want, its out there. 

In the meantime will just use my Sightseer. Or I hope I get to soon!  We didn't get the one house we offered on, actually I'm glad.  But we got a couple of lots and a shell, we have to go inspect it to see if we are going to do anything with it.  We actually just bought the lots and it appears a little house on it that was started might be worth saving.  It's very small, only 1 bedroom, which is fine with us.

Yep we had it built high, long, and wide enough.  Now wasn't that handy! ;) ;D

Attachments

• Terrys handiwork in August3.JPG
    Terrys handiwork in August3.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 104
Well guys, hubby was looking at the net last night and what to his wondering eyes did appear, it was posted at 9PM??

An American Eagle, a 1993, no slides, 38ft yeah I know, and $26k, don't know if that is a good price or not but it suited us.  It's still on Craigslist on the Houston listing.  We bought the sucker and now have it in the driveway.  It has a brand new set of shoes.  Lots of little issues to fix.  But has a w/d, icemaker etc. 

Attachments

• American Eagle2.JPG
    American Eagle2.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 118
We are proud!!

Not going to sell the other till we decide this is what I want.

Attachments

• American Eagle1.JPG
    American Eagle1.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 98
Oh no!  You didn't buy the one that was on the Houston Craigslist did you? :eek: :eek:

Nice looking unit. ;D  Hope you enjoy it and get lots of good service.  Wish I'd seen it first. :(

My 37ft DP is easier to drive and maneuver than the 26ft "C" class we had before it. The pusher has more power, I sit higher so better visibility, much better turn radius, less sway on the road, just tons better in the wind. At the end of the day I'm a lot less tired ans stressed than I was driving the TIOGA.

The air suspension really makes for a much better ride. We noticed it's a lot better to converse with the engine noise in the back.

Wow!  When you two decide to do something, you do it fast!  The Eagle looks very nice.  If the inside and under the skin is as good as the exterior, then you'll have a nice new rolling home.  Congrats!

ArdraF

I'm jealous,  American Eagle is a prime unit, hopefully this one will give you good service.

Ed

Ok, how much did we overpay?  I have been trying to find something to compare, we did not do that.

NADA lists Avg retail at $23,450. So, If the tires are recent and the interior clean, then it's reasonable as it's a 300 Cummins doing the pushing.

Nice coach, American Eagle is an excellent motorhome.

My first thought was...  since you bought it in a super hurry.
  Not trying to put a dark cloud on the purchase.

Was it a private sale?
Did you see any service records?
If not a private sale, is there any sort of warranty from the dealer?
Why was it for sale?

Just curious.  Good deal if there are no overlooked serious problems.

Carson

My husband crawled all over it.  He was under,  in the engine, looking at any and all. We know the engine AC does not work, he said that might be an expensive fix, as it will require the new type of AC we are almost positive.

It has new tires, new batteries, new belts on the engine.

We know the back bedroom AC is noisy and it works but I'm betting it needs replaced, front is new.  We have tried all the lights, the generator works, fridge on gas and electric.  Icemaker not sure yet, they said it all and so far seems to. Microwave does, washer turns on, but who knows if it works or not.  Cruise works.

Did not overheat on way home, starts good and easy. 

We did not look at maintenance records, bought from an older couple, they have owned it 11 years. Tom said lots of records were in there.

Of course lots of things to try yet, but he is home till the 17th so have time to do all that.

Honestly he loves puttering.

Back
Top Bottom