Ok guys how hard to get around

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ran a carfax report, does not indicate any wrecks or anything. 

PatrioticStabilist said:
We know the engine AC does not work, he said that might be an expensive fix, as it will require the new type of AC we are almost positive.

As long as the A/C Clutch and compressor are ok, then a fix could be a hose replacement at the worst, a loose fitting at the least, recharge W/ new type of freon- $150-500 repair. Not to bad.
My cost $125.00 to replace fitting and recharge.

Thank you, Carolyn. Guess you have it under control.

As I said...just curious.  All the best to you.

Carson FL

Hope your AC is  as easy to fix as our 95 luxor. loose fitting on compressor due to vibration and in those years they used black O rings that have been replaced by the green ones. They hold up better to 134A. Good looking unit by the way :D

You guys are my heroes! Congrats on new rig.  You will love it.  Please,  please join an RVFroum rally sometime soI can meet you in person!

Betty

We will try to sometime.  I must warn you DD and I are a bit, well crazy.  We love to have a good time.

This motorhome has a lovely wine rack and wine glass section.  Hubby says what will we use that for?  I'm thinking of stocking with diet drinks! ??? I suppose I could stock with some wines for others to drink. We used to drink, but I had pancreatitus years ago, after I hadn't drank for 20 years or more so nothing for me, they said I best not and if you have ever been sick with that you would have no desire.  I used to like a glass of lambrusco in the evening or a light white wine, just simple stuff, at times and now I'm afraid too.  But I think I'm just as crazy without it!! ;D

"Girls just like to have funnnnn, girls just like to have fun" Tra la la

PatrioticStabilist said:
We will try to sometime.  I must warn you DD and I are a bit, well crazy.  We love to have a good time.

"Girls just like to have funnnnn, girls just like to have fun" Tra la la

Well, from that description, I think you'd fit in just fine.  ;D

So do I!  ::)  Carolyn, we'd really enjoy having you, Tom, and Sue Anne join us at a rally.  And I think you'd enjoy our group too.  Maybe you could come to Quartzsite if the Pacific Northwest trip falls apart.  It would be a lot closer!  ;)

ArdraF

I got to see getting to ever drive the thing.  Tom has every door, every nook everything wide open.

He decided that he is going to coat the roof, hasn't been done we don't think.  So then he says well the skylights are awfully old and look brittle, so we are getting new skylights, and of course the vent hose tops, those just have to be replaced too. Oh yes.

All the fans and covers are fine, we took off the white plastic outer covers and I washed all those and the fridge cover.  The solar panel looks good, whether it works or not we do not know.

Oh and he says well we need to take the AC covers and all off and service those and clean them.  I can't tell if they are dirty or not. And of course we need a satellite dome and tvs.  I think he wanted a project and I wanted a motorhome to use.

And he goes, well you just can't use it till I've decided that everything works.

So then some people who live in the subdivision next to us stopped and wanted to know why we had 2 motorhomes and would we consider selling one.  They had looked at my old class C, but they love the Winnebago. I could have sold it then and there they were on the way to PPL, just to look, I said yeah, been there done that.  I told them we had the older one to see if I can handle it and were really wanting to keep the other till I know. Oh brother.  We can sell anything out here without even trying.

Where did I go wrong?  And I said dear, I wanted one I could use THIS year :eek:  he goes well maybe I should have spent the money and just bought one. Uhhh, I think he already has so far ;)

So I have a feeling at month end my American Eagle will be here and Sue Anne and I will be out wondering in my Winnebago with no W/D. 

Oh and of course some of those little gas things that hold the bays open need replaced and he has to do that too, oh and new windshield wiper blades, we must have those  and the handle that lights up at night and says American Eagle, well that has to be replaced. 

And awhile ago I hear him talking to me, I have to figure out how to pull this generator out, I want to change the oil and look it over. ::)

So I just decided to bake bread, making 2 loaves of honey wheat.  Ground my wheat so its fresh, it smells soooo good.  What can I say.  Been on the roof brushing it all off and cleaning so we can get ready to do whatever.  Good thing I love that man.

I got a chuckle from your description of all Tom is doing.  You can bet you're going to have the best equipped, safest and best running American Dream on the road!  ;D 

Margi

I said if you think those things need done, why not take it and have it serviced.  Oh no, he wants to do it.  He can he is just always pressed for time.  That's why it took about 18 years to get my new kitchen.  And he redid our main bathroom once, I'm having a guy that does wonderful tile work to redo it.  Having it tiled to the ceiling.  Maybe a new whirlpool tub, this one is impossible to keep clean around the jets.  He can do it, but when??

We have 2 projects left in the house, spackle or something the family room/kitchen ceiling and a new master bath, they have been waiting quite a few years.

I said dear, I don't have that many years left to wait.  I'm not about to sell my Winnebago yet, till I see that one running down the road.

I started cleaning the inside but its not going to need much.  I do need to clean up in the fans and wash some windows, but everything in there is pretty clean.  I did use leather cleaner on the couches and chairs, amazing the nice condition after so many years, no tears in them and they are supple.  I did notice there is a strip of mirror to be replaced in the kitchen, didn't notice it before.  The fridge doesn't even have any rust in it.

Also I haven't looked closely but I wonder if those curtains across the front come out, they are nice and heavy but have some sun fading.  Is there a site where you can order things like that for an Eagle?  The blinds are original and silver and in nice condition.  The mattress seems to be original and very very clean but its firm and I'm not crazy about a firm one. I don't see much inside that needs done.  Maybe some bathroom faucets they are showing their age.

The carpet is all good.  I'm guessing replaced but don't know, its so heavy my good vacuum doesn't even want to go through it.  I would prefer on the step area to have other then carpet, it gets to dirty.  I do need to clean the 2 steps off. Will likely put vinyl there.

I saw a furnace filter, under the stove and a spare. I think it has 2 furnaces from what I read.

We are still going through manuals.  I think this learning process will take a bit.

I hope you are encouraging him, a man should always be allowed to become a "hero" to the ones he cares for. That may be one of the reasons he is so energetic.

Well, here is my two cents worth:

We are full-timers.
We went from a 32' 5th wheel to a 38', one slide Dutch Star.  We both LOVE the MH.  We both agree that it is MUCH easier for the two of us to drive, to park, and to handle down the road than the 5th wheel.  Claudia didn't like leveling the 5th wheel, and with the HWH auto, what is not to love.

We stop and pretty much any type of filling station we want, pulling a toad.  BUT we check it out carefully and sometimes one of us will get out  and peruse the area before we get into trouble.

I would REALLY like to have two more feet of storage space for my clothes, and I can't see that the two feet more would be a big deal,  You just have to be careful!

I think I will be ok with the length, physcologically 38 instead of 40 feels fine.  Yes I know that's silly, but it does. 

I'm more concerned about the air brakes.  I will really have to get used to those, I want to pump them and hubby says no I will run out of air.  He showed me where the psi shows up on the dash if you get them to low, but that wouldn't help if you already have.  That will be a big adjustment I'm sure.  I've backed it up in the yard, the backup monitor is marked so you can see how many feet away from things you are. And I drove it under the rv cover, its not as wide and a bit lower then the newer one.  So the brakes and cornering are the issues.  I'm not to concerned with backing, I have 2 mirrors and the backup camera.  I do that now.  Besides with the toad you can't really anyway.

I am reading manuals each evening, I never knew there was so much to learn about driving something and maintaining it.  Wow, the other was a lot but this diesel is even more.  The generator is like taking care of another engine,  hubby says dear you are. He said there is a lot to taking care of the generator on the other one.  All I do is check the oil! But I will learn.

We are going to make up a checklist of all the things I have to monitor and check.

A short cut to your checklist is already on the menu bar above in the [Library] under [Checklists]. Copy & save and use several to build your own.  ::)

My wife thinks your husband and I are related.  I just bought my little one and doing all sorts of things to it.  We t through a bunch when we got the A.  She thinks it is great.  I think it is fun.  Not sure what I would do with a new coach.  Oh yeah, fix the things that come that way.

Enjoy!

PatrioticStabilist said:
I'm more concerned about the air brakes.  I will really have to get used to those, I want to pump them and hubby says no I will run out of air.  He showed me where the psi shows up on the dash if you get them to low, but that wouldn't help if you already have.

Can't happen. First, the air compressor does a pretty good job of keeping up. But the way diesel air brakes work, if you run out of air and your psi gets down real far, somewhere below 60psi), the parking brake comes on automatically. It is set by not having air and you need air to release them. A truck safety feature.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom