'97 Bounder Electrical Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldwingdriver

I have a '97 Bounder 36S and am having a charging problem on my house batteries.  I have looked everywhere I can think of and am unable to locate the converter/battery charger.  Can anyone out there help me.  Thanks.

Should be in the same area as the breakers and the 12 volt fuse block. It will be under a cover that has vent slots you will have to remove screws to get it off.

On my 2000 Bounder 32H the converter/charger is mounted to the top of the basement storage compartment that is adjacent to the furnace and water heater - passenger side (it also houses the water heater bypass valves). It is actually on the opposite side of the coach from the batteries and the electric panel. Don't know if yours would be the same or not....here's pics

Attachments

• CCrs2.jpg
    CCrs2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 31
  • CCrs1.jpg
    CCrs1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 36
Mine's not a Bounder but similar-era Class A... and my converter is in am underbody vented box that is accessed by removing (sliding out) one of the entry steps.  It's a pretty handy location because it's close to the compartment with the house batteries.  I plan on mounting my new inverter in the same spot.

The 34J 97 Bounder I once owned had the converter located on the passenger side in the basement compartment just behind the entry door.

Rex said:
The 34J 97 Bounder I once owned had the converter located on the passenger side in the basement compartment just behind the entry door.

The '97 34V has it in the same place as Rex states.  Just aft of the entry door.

Thanks to all of you.  I found it where Rex said it was.  It is bad and I'm on my way to go get a new one.

Something made by Progressive Dynamics (with a Charge Wizard or other 3-stage charging capabilities) is highly recommended around here.  www.bestconverter.com is a good online spot for pricing unless you need it immediately and will be buying retail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom