Replacement festoon bulbs for aisle night lights??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just bought 2 a few weeks ago at  $1.50 each at my local Itasca dealer. Colonial Itasca rt 88 Lakewood NJ. They knew exactly what I was talking about when I called. Its amazing how many dealers did not know what I was talking about when I called, I started my search when we were in Florida 2 months ago.

If you just want a replacement for the 395B I listed the Eiko number above. It's not an LED but it works, it's a 5w instead of 4w. The marine site I listed below that number would probably have a LED conversion if you wanted to call or just cross the Eiko number. For as little light as it gives off I just stuck another bulb in it and called it done. I think it was $2 for a two pack at Shucks/O'reilly.

I hope this helps. I found a company that claims two matches for your part number in LED form. Try  ledtronics.com  and enter your bulb number. Being a big fan of LEDs, I've used them often.

John
I did not like the heat my original light produced in the wall. I also like the red light at night as it does not hinder my night vision. I also put one inside the bathroom and as the two holes were so close made wiring a snap. The two lights now draw far less power then the one that came in from the factory. Very cheep and found anywhere as they are 2 inch trailer marker lights. I know this would not be for everyone but As I am from Alabama & we leave our Christmass lights out all year it fits my lifestyle. Art

Attachments

• DSC01430.JPG
    DSC01430.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 81
That fixture is cheaper than the replacement LED festoon bulb!  I haven't had time to pursue the lights, but this looks like a winner (except they are out of stock for the black housing - did you buy all of them?  :D)  Thanks Chris!

I purchased mine at Lazydays .i visited our forum sponsor in Ocala first ...purchased many led replacements but they could not match these! Great idea on the marine application...West marine on line catalog will have them too!

I don't use the aisle night lights in my Meridian very much but it looks like I'd better be checking the bulbs in them to see if I have an "impossible" to find bulb in them.  Good to have all the above information.

John Canfield said:
That fixture is cheaper than the replacement LED festoon bulb!  I haven't had time to pursue the lights, but this looks like a winner (except they are out of stock for the black housing - did you buy all of them?  :D )  Thanks Chris!

I haven't bought any, but they seem to be back in stock again.

I just installed an F30-WHP Fuse Type Lamp Festoon Base Bulb that I bought from superbrightleds.com in my aisle light and it works fine.  It looks like it is a good choice as a replacement for the OEM bulb.  Thanks to everyone who did the research.

Mike Wagner

John Canfield said:
Mark - I think you have the solution :)  This one looks like it would fit fine in the holder - no reason for the ends to be cone shaped.

John - did you ever purchase one of these??  I am having the same issue of finding a replacement for this bulb, our coach is about 90% LED replacement and would like to add this annoying little bulb to the LED list.

Hey Tom - no, that fell off my to-do list  :p

I'm fully engaged working on the Rubicon for a couple of more weeks, then I have to shift focus to the coach.  My 5.7 "SmartPump" finally got really dumb recently - it's kaput.  SureFlow gave me a pump at the GNR (thanks guys!), so I'll have to replace that, then I have to convert the salon fluorescent fixtures to LED, so  LED conversion will be underway.  I'll update this thread (or start a new one) when I get going.

John Canfield said:
Thanks.  The 395 bulb number unfortunately is not an industry number  ???,  I'm not sure this endeavor is worthy of more effort.  When we're dry camping we just shut off the aisle lights (and everything else not essential.)
I'll bet you, solder, your favorite LED, and a 1K 1/4W could whip up a permanent answer pretty quickly..

John Canfield said:
Hey Tom - no, that fell off my to-do list  :p

John - just took delivery of the LED replacement for the "festoon" bulb,  http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/festoon/fuse-led-bulb-1-smd-led-festoon/243/  and it works great.  It puts out a cool white light, which actually works better as an entry step light than warm white.  They cost about $2.50 each.  They are meant only for indoor use as there is no glass enclosure.  They are also "polarized" and will only work in one direction in the socket.
Edit: Fixed quote

Hi John, I used the ones from O'Reilly Auto parts when I replaced mine. Slightly larger in diameter but easy to install and they're still working!

Ramzfan said:
Hi John, I used the ones from O'Reilly Auto parts when I replaced mine. Slightly larger in diameter but easy to install and they're still working!

Interesting!  I still haven't ordered the festoon replacements  :p, but next time I'm in town I'll stop by and have a look.

Just received my LED strip lights for the salon lights - I'll get on that asap.

Back
Top Bottom