Gas was $2.7999/gal today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We drove back to Raleigh, from the NC Outer Banks.  Gas prices ranged from $3.36 (at the beach) to $3.09 in selective spots between.  Still avg. $3.21 in Raleigh.

I guess I should have said that I drove the first 251 miles (of the 254 miles) from the coast to home.  (I had to be towed the last 3).  Thanks for Coach Net.....

Frank,

I see you didn't read the manual for your coach!!!  COLD Water wash only! Dry on LOW Heat!!! ;D ;D ;D

I bet DW was MAAAAAD!! :eek: :eek:

captsteve said:
Frank,

I see you didn't read the manual for your coach!!!  COLD Water wash only! Dry on LOW Heat!!! ;D ;D ;D

I bet DW was MAAAAAD!! :eek: :eek:
Yeah, but my MPG went from 7.5 to 25!  ;D

Gas is $3.15 here in the Fort Wayne, In area.

We had a storm Friday which knocked out the electricity and water here at Indian Springs. Our generator supplies power but we only had about 6 gallons of water in the tank. Could be several days or over a week before the problem gets fixed. :mad:

Tom said:
Gulp, must be a small diesel in a displacement hull. We can barely get below 2 GPH (total for 2 big CATs) at idle  :(

Lehman 120 in a 40' tri-cabin trawler. Semi-displacement. Make turns for 6.9 knots and let the tide help when we can. That keeps us under hull speed and the penalty for exceeding hull speed is high.

Ken

Ken, Lehman is well known as a reliable engine. Sounds like a nice boat.

I'm only at 5000 hours so far. They tell me with reasonable care it'll last for at least 10,000. Pretty sure I won't be taking it to that number. I can only get a couple hundred running hours per year in here in the PNW.

SuperMike said:
Moan Moan Moan. In the UK we are paying the equivalent of $8 per US gallon, for petrol (gas to you), and the price has slipped down over the last couple of weeks. Therefore it would cost about $620 to fill our RV from empty.

Every so often a thread like this is started and I have to bring you lot back down to earth.  ;D ;)

So stop with the moaning.  8) :p ;D

Micheal me lad, it is all a matter of scale.

If I were to drive EW from Dover to Lands End, I would cover some 320 miles.  From Los Angeles to Jacksonville, FL, I would have to cover some 2200 miles.  If I were to drive from, say, Dover to some God-forsaken spot like John o' Groats on north coast of Scotland, I would drive about 550 miles to do so.  If I were to drive from Los Angeles to an even more God-forsaken spot on the north coast of Alaska (Pt. Barrow) I would have to cover over 4100 miles.  If I recovered my sanity in time, just a run to Seattle from L.A. would cover only 1100 miles.

Scale is everything. 

Scale is everything.

Aye Carl, so true. How many times have we seen Brits come to the forum and say "we want to do the USA in a few weeks", with apparently no idea of scale.

While at a wake back in the home country, a cousin asked my youngest son and me "do you live close to each other?" My son and I looked at each other, smiled, and replied "yes, only about 2,500 miles apart"  ;D  He was living in northern KY at the time.

Tom said:
Today I filled up our Burb at our local Safeway for $2.7999/gal. The $0.80/gal discount helped a lot, but it's been a long time since I could fill it up for $60.

$.80 discount!!!  Where do I sign up. 

Get a Safeway card, Smiths out west, part of Krogers works the same way.  Each time you shop your total adds to your discount.  Here it is $100 gets .10 off per gallon.  Here it is only good for I think 35 gallons.

Great program!

Here in beautiful downtown Granite Falls, NC.......  regular is 3.08 per gallon and droping about a penny a day so far...............

Say thanks to a vet for your freedoms ....cj..

We get $0.10/gallon for every $50 spent at Safeway or Von's supermarkets. We also receive special deals in the mail, e.g. we recently received two coupons worth $0.60/gallon each.

Here in Beaumont, TX, regular gas is $2.98/gal today without any discounts.  I saw one station this morning that had a cash only price of $2.94/gal.  The lowest diesel prices here are $3.35/gal.

Dan

We generally don't go to the bigger markets like Kroger, Safeway etc, unless we're traveling and outside a Trader Joes area.  TJ's doesn't take coupons, so no gas savings.  That said, it's unusual when their pricing isn't better than the larger markets.  So it's a trade-off, I guess.  As they say, pay me now or pay me later.           

Here in California, diesel prices vary by up to $1.00 a gallon in the same general area.  To add insult to injury, some charge for credit. 

During the past month, diesel has dropped about $.60 a gallon from a bit more than premium to near or below regular.  How do they do that?  And by the way it's summer vacation.  Aren't prices supposed to go up? 

Gas prices are also coming down  However, the drop is no where as significant as the reduction in diesel prices.  I'd love to understand how this works some day.  I'm not a big believer in the supply and demand model when it comes to fuel pricing.

Back
Top Bottom