Gas was $2.7999/gal today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Today I filled up our Burb at our local Safeway for $2.7999/gal. The $0.80/gal discount helped a lot, but it's been a long time since I could fill it up for $60.

Diesel $1.32/l here today. Getting better but how long will it last?

Moan Moan Moan. In the UK we are paying the equivalent of $8 per US gallon, for petrol (gas to you), and the price has slipped down over the last couple of weeks. Therefore it would cost about $620 to fill our RV from empty.

Every so often a thread like this is started and I have to bring you lot back down to earth.  ;D ;)

So stop with the moaning.  8) :p ;D

Aye Mike, it's all relative. I lived in the UK for 32 years, and made countless trips back there in the subsequent 33 years. On my first visit to California in the 70's, I too used to smile when folks here were complaining about paying $0.58/gallon. IIRC the exhange rate at the time was closer to 2:1 and it felt like petrol here was almost free compared with UK prices. Whenever we return to the UK and I fill up at the local Tesco, it feels like I need to take out a mortgage to pay the bill  ;D

On the flip side, UK cars were always far more fuel efficient. But, if you drive a US-made RV in the UK, then all bets are off  ;D

With all respect to the UK ....
If I filled my MH tank 75 gallons, could I not drive all over the UK on that tank full?  Just Curious....cj......
I could be wrong...............

Hug a Veteran..... They like that .....cj

Our RV hold 65 Imperial Gallons. None of your stupid American measurements.  :p  ;D

So at 10 miles to the imperial gallon, if you are lucky, that equals 650 miles. Which would get me from our home in St Albans, which is NW of London to Lockerbie, where the Pan Am plane came down, and then back again.

So no !!!!!

Our eldest son is a veteran and his mum and dad, give him loads of hugs.  :eek: 8)

But then you throw KPG in and you gain even more, add in price per liter and the numbers look wonderful.Just don't calculate MPL. 

Our eldest son is a veteran and his mum and dad, give him loads of hugs.

The entire UK should be grateful for your son's service. A number of family members served in the RAF and the Welsh Guards.

None of your stupid American measurements.

Of course, many of those 'American measurements' are derived from, or are identical to, imperial measurements. First time through school in the UK we learned silly stuff like chains, bushels, stones and hundredweight. Second time through school in the UK we learned metric units and, more importantly, SI units.

I didn't figure out why, when the UK went metric, they kept some imperial units such as miles.

Because beer is still served by the pint.  ;D  And a cricket pitch is still one chain (22 yards)    ;)

It's when we got all tangled up with the EU. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  But that's another story.    :eek:

But with all that free health care and free dental care ($1100 per month for many of us) you can afford higher fuel prices. See how that trade off works?

Yes, there's a joke in there somewhere......... ;-)

Ken

SuperMike said:
Moan Moan Moan. In the UK we are paying the equivalent of $8 per US gallon, for petrol (gas to you), and the price has slipped down over the last couple of weeks. Therefore it would cost about $620 to fill our RV from empty.

Every so often a thread like this is started and I have to bring you lot back down to earth.  ;D ;)

So stop with the moaning.  8) :p ;D

Just to make filling your motorhome feel a little better, I filled the boat day before yesterday. The prices finally came down to $3.51 per gallon for off road diesel/no taxes. I filled up for my next trip, 316 gallons, $1110.00. For those who hate having to reset the pump with your credit card every $75 to $100, the marine pumps go to $990.00 before it needs reset.

The good news is I haven't filled the boat since last June just prior to summer vacation. 1.8 gallons per hour is a lot easier on the fuel budget than 7 MPG in the MH. If you're between Port Orchard and the Broughton Islands wave as we go by.

Ken

.... 1.8 gallons per hour is a lot easier on the fuel budget ....

Gulp, must be a small diesel in a displacement hull. We can barely get below 2 GPH (total for 2 big CATs) at idle  :(

bucks2 said:
But with all that free health care and free dental care ($1100 per month for many of us) you can afford higher fuel prices. See how that trade off works?

Yes, there's a joke in there somewhere......... ;-)

Ken

Yes you are right there are lots of advantages. Health care is free unless you want to go private and a dental visit is ?17.50, which is not much. And it is my choice to run a 8.1L engine on UK fuel prices. But I'm lucky because I can afford it, but a lumps of the population struggle with these costs. Fuel costs, going to work and parking takes a big bit out of the salary. Glad I retired early and got out of the race, but that was down to Managements efforts, I married the worlds best squirrel.  ;D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenOldie
Back
Top Bottom